[NL20-NL50] AQ top pair, dangerous shove

• thebigheizung85
      Known players:

0,1/0,25 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q:club: , A:heart: . CO posts a blind of $0,25.
      MP3 folds, CO checks, BU folds, Hero raises to $1,25, BB folds, CO calls $1,00.

Flop: ($2,75) 2:spade: , Q:diamond: , 2:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0,25, CO raises to $1,75, Hero raises to $4,00, CO calls $2,25.

Turn: ($10,75) 8:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $8,00, Hero raises to $25,00, CO calls $11,75 (All-In), Hero gets uncalled bet back.

River: ($50,25) 6:heart: (2 players)

Final Pot: $50,25

villain played very loose (so far^^) and i felt i might still be good in this situation
  • 2 replies
    • Fongie
      What's with the minbet on the flop?

My line here:
      C-bet flop normally. If raised, I need to reevaluate according to size - but I really think this minbet/3bet play of yours messed up the lines in this hand :P But most likely I'm calling to see a non-diamond turn and then c/raising it there to get it all in.

If called on flop: Bet/Fold turn. He's not raising worse.

As played on turn...
      Why are you checking with initiative? I'd bet out myself, but this spot sucks because you blew up the pot on the flop and it's very hard to fold if he shoves now (even if youre almost always behind). Basically.. I never find myself in this spot so it's hard to evaluate :P
    • thebigheizung85
      the minbet was a misclick and i don't like my line on the turn much too, but i had the feeling for this opponent that the range is pretty wide and not just flush draws... i was surprised he called and more surprised what he held