Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $72,70
      BU:
      $26,00

0,1/0,25 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with J:diamond: , A:spade:
      2 folds, BU raises to $0,75, SB folds, Hero raises to $2,50, BU calls $1,75.

Flop: ($5,10) T:club: , 7:diamond: , 6:heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $3,50, BU calls $3,50.

Turn: ($12,10) 4:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU checks.

River: ($12,10) 4:spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $3,95, Hero calls $3,95.

Final Pot: $20,00

i just beat a bluff here, but the pot odds are so tempting...
  • 5 replies
    • Fongie
      Fongie
      Bronze
      Got any read that he likes to bluff busted draws?

Well, I agree it's very tempting to call the river but you have to remember that there aren't many worse overcards in his 3betcalling range than yours (possibly KQ), so he could actually be bluffing with the best hand! I also think it's weird that if he wanted to float you with overcards, then why didn't he bet the turn when you checked to him? When he checks behind turn I'll more likely put him on some hand that wants to see a showdown (like 99 or 88 for example) than a bluff that you beat.

When he bets the river so small... it's like he wants a call. Might be inducing a herocall from you ;) I'd probably go with my turn-read and fold here.

Bottom line: If he wanted to bluff he would usually have done it on the turn.
    • thebigheizung85
      thebigheizung85
      Silver
      jeah you are right, but i was very surprised what he bet there after i looked up the hand...
    • Fongie
      Fongie
      Bronze
      Tell me!! =)
    • thebigheizung85
      thebigheizung85
      Silver
      AK... i was very surprised ... at NL25 i rarely see that... either he thought that he is bluffing... i almost never see a value bet for AK in that spot...

probably for others this is the hand to expect there, but i did not :-) mainly because i would 4 bet the hand :-) and he has high AF, totally strange to me
    • Fongie
      Fongie
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Fongie
      you have to remember that there aren't many worse overcards in his 3betcalling range than yours (possibly KQ), so he could actually be bluffing with the best hand!
      :D

Well, this is definately note-worthy aswell (no 4bet with AK in resteal situation)!

If he was actually valuebetting then that was indeed a hero-valuebet :P