How many Party Points for SSS NL100?

• WildBeans
      WildBeans
      Bronze
      Hi,
      Can someone give me an estimate of how long it takes, playing SSS, to get enough raked hands for points?

I took a look at how many hands I saw the flop with in the last month (on full tilt), and granted it doesn't include hands I folded but the flop came out, but it seems as if it would take me a month and 8222 hands just to get like 600 raked hands. And therefore only about 150 party points. Is this possible? Because then how can it be worthwhile trying to go for a deposit bonus if you need 8x what you deposit - let's say it's just $100 - then you need 800 party points!!!

Hopefully I'm getting the math wrong, because I'm pretty sure it's MUCH easier to release a bonus on full tilt...

Thanks
  • 5 replies
    • dadude77
      dadude77
      Bronze
      I'm not sure how party poker in particular works, but I believe it should be if the hand is raked, as long as you were dealt cards! Whether you folded preflop, or went to showdown. I'll check that for you.. one min
    • dadude77
      dadude77
      Bronze
      For every 4 raked hands you get one party point
    • WildBeans
      WildBeans
      Bronze
      Ya I know it's every 4 raked hands. So do I have to contribute to the rake for the raked hand to count for me?

Let's say I sit at a full ring table and see 10 hands. I'm in the blinds two of the hands. Let's say I fold all my hands, but they all go to the flop (because other people call and check, etc).

On full tilt, I think I would get full tilt points for the two hands where I paid the blinds, because I would have contributed to the rake. But I would get nothing for the other hands (unless I called or raised and saw a flop)..

what would happen on party?

would I get 10 raked hands if every one went to the flop, or would I only get 2 raked hands?
    • dadude77
      dadude77
      Bronze
      I believe all 10. I couldn't find anything about it on the party poker site, but thats how it has been for every site i've played at, (stars and ipoker) and im fairly positive fulltilt is for every hand you're dealt in, not just ones you play.
    • DaPhunk
      DaPhunk
      Bronze
      It doesn't matter if you Personally went to the flop or not. As long as you were dealt cards and rake was taken you will recieve points.

I've discovered that depending on the tables you're at raked hand % can vary from a staggeringly low 30% to a staggeringly high 75%. I still can't quite believe either of those results but they did happen on a couple of my sessions in the past :p