[NL2-NL10] Fold to the reraise???

• Buletts
      Buletts
      Bronze
      Hi im a new SSS amateur here, so im still learning the strategy an yes i know that my nickname is spelt wrong, i was pissed when i put it in and i type quickly!!!! haha.

Anyway im playing sss on mansion and i think on all of these hands i should of just pushed after the bet but i find it really tight on mansion so i just go for the reraise is this ok?

I only played for an hour tonight and these hands are the ones where i wondered if im playing like a muppet or getting a little unlucky. Should i fold to there shoves?

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $1.11
      MP1:
      $7.09
      MP3:
      $1.52

0.02/0.04 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with A:diamond: , K:diamond:
      2 folds, MP1 calls $0.04, MP2 folds, MP3 raises to $0.12, 3 folds, Hero raises to $0.36, MP1 folds, MP3 raises to $1.52 (All-In), Hero raises to $1.11 (All-In).

Flop: ($2.69) 4:spade: , 7:club: , 2:spade:
      Turn: ($2.69) 9:diamond:
      River: ($2.69) 2:club: (1 players)

Final Pot: $2.69

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows a pair of deuces (Ad Kd)
      MP3 shows two pairs, aces and deuces (As Ac)

MP3 wins with two pairs, aces and deuces (As Ac)

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      UTG1:
      $10.76
      Hero:
      $1.00

0.02/0.04 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is CO with Q:diamond: , Q:heart:
      UTG1 raises to $0.16, 4 folds, Hero raises to $0.40, 3 folds, UTG1 raises to $0.64, Hero raises to $0.88, UTG1 raises to $1.12, Hero raises to $1.00 (All-In).

Flop: ($2.18) T:club: , J:heart: , 4:heart:
      Turn: ($2.18) 9:spade:
      River: ($2.18) 8:spade: (2 players)

Final Pot: $2.18

Hero shows a straight, queen high (Qd Qh)
      UTG1 shows a pair of aces (Ac As)

Hero wins with a straight, queen high (Qd Qh)

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      UTG1:
      $2.04
      Hero:
      $0.98

0.02/0.04 No-Limit Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is UTG2 with J:diamond: , J:heart:
      UTG folds, UTG1 raises to $0.12, Hero raises to $0.24, 7 folds, UTG1 raises to $0.56, Hero raises to $0.98 (All-In), UTG1 calls $0.42.

Flop: ($2.02) 8:spade: , 4:spade: , 9:diamond:
      Turn: ($2.02) T:club:
      River: ($2.02) 5:heart: (1 players)

Final Pot: $2.02

Hero shows a pair of jacks (Jd Jh)
      UTG1 shows a pair of kings (Kc Kd)

UTG1 wins with a pair of kings (Kc Kd)

I also had in same situation JJ Vs AA and another AK vs AA again in the same one hour session so i was gutted although i was lucky with my queens!

Thanks in advance for all your advice!
  • 5 replies
    • DaPhunk
      DaPhunk
      Bronze
      Hmmm, you're playing NL4 where I'm guessing you can only buy in for a minimum of 25BB???

In SSS you need to play a limit where you can buy in for 20BB $0.8 in the case of NL4 and you leave the table after your stack increases to 25BB. ($1 for NL4)

I'm afraid if you can't buy-in for 20BB you'll have to move to NL10.

Please also note that it is easier for Hand evaluators to read your post if there is only 1 sample hand per post. This makes things a great deal easier to focus on.

I guess I'll Tell you what I'd have done in those NL4 hands anyway;

Hand 1; Folded to MP3's raise Preflop and not even 3bet him. He's really tight only raising 2% of his hands. (KK+)

Hand 2; Wow, this guy is really tight also 5% Average PFR and he's bound to raise tighter from Early Position. I actually think a fold Preflop might be sensible here too. Can't believe I'm saying this about QQ on NL4...... If you do decide to go broke just Push to his min4bet, raising to $0.88 makes no sense.

Hand 3; Another tight player. He has 8 average pfr and will again raise tighter from Early Position. This makes JJ a clear fold For me.
    • Buletts
      Buletts
      Bronze
      Thanks for your advice, i dont use a HUD because i was using mini tables when doing multi tables and you cant see the info anyway but i do see the advantages so i may start to cascade.

Thanks again
    • dandycal
      dandycal
      Bronze
      Hi Buletts,

If you were using a HUD, then Da Phunk has pretty much told you all there was to it.

If you are not using a HUD, then all these hands are good for an All In. Remember that when you are re-raising, if your bet = more than half your remaining stack, you ought to push directly.

Mansion is indeed very tight, I suggest you move to another platform for the lower limits whenever you can. Poker Stars or Full Tilt are my suggestions.

Good luck!
    • Buletts
      Buletts
      Bronze
      Hi Dandycal

Thanks for your reply, yes i already have a pokerstars account and im using SSS to good effect but my $50 is on Mansion and im struggling, i went up to $56 but now im on $40.

I might just try one or two tables and use the HUD as Daphunk recommends and see how that works out for me.

Im also going to watch the beginners SSS coaching this evening and see what i can take from that. :)
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      Hi Buletts,

welcome to the forum.

About your name, it's cool and it's your nickname it doesn't have to sound like "bullets". ;)

Originally posted by DaPhunk
      Hmmm, you're playing NL4 where I'm guessing you can only buy in for a minimum of 25BB???

In SSS you need to play a limit where you can buy in for 20BB $0.8 in the case of NL4 and you leave the table after your stack increases to 25BB. ($1 for NL4)

I'm afraid if you can't buy-in for 20BB you'll have to move to NL10.

Please also note that it is easier for Hand evaluators to read your post if there is only 1 sample hand per post. This makes things a great deal easier to focus on.

I guess I'll Tell you what I'd have done in those NL4 hands anyway;

Hand 1; Folded to MP3's raise Preflop and not even 3bet him. He's really tight only raising 2% of his hands. (KK+)

Hand 2; Wow, this guy is really tight also 5% Average PFR and he's bound to raise tighter from Early Position. I actually think a fold Preflop might be sensible here too. Can't believe I'm saying this about QQ on NL4...... If you do decide to go broke just Push to his min4bet, raising to $0.88 makes no sense.

Hand 3; Another tight player. He has 8 average pfr and will again raise tighter from Early Position. This makes JJ a clear fold For me.
      Thanks DaPhunk. :)

I agree with all that DaPhunk already said. However, considering you're not using HUD...

hand #1 Is well played.

hand #2 You should push after UTG 4-bets because it's doesn't make sense to 5-bet to 88% of your stack.

hand #3 Reraise bigger, to ~0.35$ and push after UTG 4-bets.

...well, for play with statistics look at DaPhunk's post. :)

Also, know that short stack strategy is based on the fact you play with short stack, which is 15-25 big blinds, so you need to find a limit or poker platform where you can buy in with 20 big blinds.

Another good thing is to always make good table selection, so look for tables that have highest average pot and highest player/flop when you're looking for table to sit down. And if you see the table gets too tight you can also leave without doubling up. ;)

And one thing I need to ask you to do is to remove the results when you post hands on the forum, because they're not important for correct play, but can affect opinion of people who discuss the hands.

If you have any additional question feel free to click "Advise the judge to have another look" button.

Regards,
      burek2000