This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL100 AJo BB

• mishuq
      mishuq
      Bronze
      $0.5/$1 No Limit Holdem
      7 players
      Converted at weaktight.com

Stacks:
      UTG Grogdish1 ($34.95)
      UTG+1 keanuRiver ($115.80)
      MP becks1874 ($146.05)
      CO Bart_Goor ($98.50)
      BTN JJGG7 ($42.50)
      SB Superbroggi ($98.00)
      BB Hero ($20.00)

Pre-flop: ($1.50, 7 players) Hero is BB A:spade: J:diamond:
      4 folds, JJGG7 calls $1, Superbroggi raises to $4, Hero raises to $20, JJGG7 calls $19, Superbroggi raises to $44, JJGG7 calls $22.50

Flop: 4:club: 3:diamond: K:club: ($106.50, 3 players)

Turn: J:club: ($106.50, 3 players)

River: 9:heart: ($106.50, 3 players)

Final Pot: $106.50

:s_biggrin:

SB was playing 37/8 and BT is a 57/0.2 regular.
      thought about it and figured out that even tho my intentions were to isolate myself with the SB, I think if btn calls here I have better pot odds.

AJo is for me pretty marginal hand even from BB, but I saw this as a good spot to push, basically because of my 2 opponents stats.

I'd like to be sure if this was correct from maths point of view
  • 4 replies
    • DaPhunk
      DaPhunk
      Bronze
      Don't Post Results please. They Screw with my Head so I can't think of the correct answer to the hand so easily.

If SB has an average PFR of 8 then maybe his SB Isolation range for this superloose BU limper could be the 15% required to push in this spot?

I think I might err on the side of Caution here and 3bet 99+ AQ+
    • mishuq
      mishuq
      Bronze
      sorry, edited..

Originally posted by DaPhunk
      I think I might err on the side of Caution here and 3bet 99+ AQ+
      I totally agree, if villains have just a bit better image I would perhaps go for TT+/AK+ isolation range, but they showed me no skills over 300 hands +
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      Hi mishuq,

from "math point of view" that's a clear fold. Against 8 PFR you have only 39% equity and for isolating OOP people usually don't get too fancy and stay tight imo, so I wouldn't presume SB's range isn't much wider. Therefore I would push here AK(AQs)/TT+.

If you however think SB might try to isolate(even OOP) with random hand, because BU is such a fish then you can shove.

I would fold, because when passive players like SB start to raise, it's usually a strong hand, but I'm leaving this unjudged for another judge to have a look.

Regards,
      burek2000
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      I need to see WTSD stats to be completely sure. l/c% of BTN would also be awesome

But as the way I see it, I push AJ+,88+ here because an Isolation Range (even though it is SB=OOP) is way looser than 8%

Folding is okay but I think you miss opportunity here

- Gerv