Hand of the Day - Part XII

• Stefan1000
      Preflop: Hero is MP3 with J:diamond: , J:club: .
      UTG calls, 1 folds, MP1 calls, 1 folds, Hero raises, 1 folds, Button calls, 1 folds, BB calls, UTG calls, MP1 calls.

Flop: (10.40 SB) 3:club: , K:diamond: , 4:diamond: (5 players)
      BB checks, UTG checks, MP1 bets, Hero ???
  • 6 replies
    • Pete70
      I wood raise here, to knock out the other two. He can have a flush draw or a smaller pocket. The pot is to big to fold here.
    • jpbothawyn777
      i would call down, isnt this a way ahead/way behind hand?
    • ciRith
      raise flop for protection. (pot is too big in my opinion to fold here...)
      he could easily bet 55-TT and with the raise you knock out gutshotdraws, weak pairs which have together too many outs and maybe even a weak K (if BB or UTG have one)
      nearly every hand hand gets the correct odds to call if you don't raise.
    • Stefan1000
      We raise preflop and then we are facing 4 opponents on the flop. So the typical mistake would be to raise here. But the move of MP1 is so strong that he will bet here most of the time with his King and even sometimes when we are facing a flushdraw there are still 3 other opponents who could hold a King.

Of course their will be occasions when we are playing against a flushdraw or a lower pocket pair. It will just cost us too much.

So i am a bit impressed that you all suggested to raise here but actually that is a clear fold against 4 opponents.
    • aciddrop
      This is the reason I cost myself so many bets. I would possibly raise here too. Thinking about it though, raising will at best knock out those hands I beat, leaving only the FD and the holders of a K to take more money from me. With 4 opponents, at least one will have a K for sure. Against how many opponents would we adopt some other strategy here?
    • Korn
      It all comes down to what we think MP1 might be betting here. If he is only betting hands that beat ours, we should fold.

If he's betting all sorts of stuff (flush draws, straight draws, lower pocket pairs and of course better hands etc) we have a clear raise.

If it is something in between - well - then it gets tricky ;9

I think the most important point to realise here is that a call here is really never correct - it's either raise or fold.