This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL10 AKs cbet or not cbet?

• Smileyphil
      Smileyphil
      Silver
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $12.60
      UTG2:
      $4.70
      CO:
      $9.73

0.05/0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with A:spade: , K:spade:
      UTG2 raises to $0.23, 3 folds, CO calls $0.23, 2 folds, Hero raises to $1.00, UTG2 calls $0.77, CO calls $0.77.

Flop: ($3.05) 7:club: , 8:spade: , 3:diamond: (3 players)
      Hero bets $2.00, UTG2 folds, CO raises to $8.73 (All-In), Hero folds, CO gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $7.05

- Hows the sizing on my 3bet preflop? Its a bit awkward because UTG2 made a strange not quite min bet.

- Can I cbet this board? It doesn't really have much for me to represent except an overpair. On the other hand it doesn't have much they could hit with broadway cards.

- After CO moves all in I think its a pretty easy fold right? Unless he's a complete donk he will have something here.

- I would ignore stats. Although CO is shaping up to be an aggressive player with only 26 hands it is hard to really say yet.
  • 4 replies
    • maya1984
      maya1984
      Bronze
      As Michailewic suggested 3bet to (3+ 1 per coldcaller)x the original bet and (3,5 + 1 per coldcaller)x the original bet from the blinds.

I prefer checking here being OOP since it's more likely you will get called on a multiple-pot.
      After he shoves there nothing else to do except from folding.
    • Michailewic
      Michailewic
      Bronze
      It is 3-bet pot and you are against two opponents. One of them is likely to have an overpair. C-bet is not profitable here. I c/f this flop.
    • Smileyphil
      Smileyphil
      Silver
      So (3.5 + 1) = 4.5 x ($0.23) = $1.03 - makes my bet pretty good. :D
      - I often just 3bet to $1 to make sure no-one has set odds.
      - We are suggested to raise more because we are OOP and we want them to fold?

I am never sure in these situations because as a 3better they could definitely credit me with QQ+. But on the other hand if one guy calls my 3bet with A8s I wouldn't imagine he's gonna fold top pair.

I think the shove looks like a set/overpair. And from a full stack I'm not paying him off just to find out.
    • Michailewic
      Michailewic
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Smileyphil
      because as a 3better they could definitely credit me with QQ+
      Come on. This in NL10 :D