This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL10 A8s steal 2.

• Smileyphil
      Smileyphil
      Silver
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $0.72
      Hero:
      $10.00

0.05/0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with A:diamond: , 8:diamond:
      5 folds, Hero raises to $0.40, SB raises to $0.72 (All-In), BB folds, Hero calls $0.32.

Final Pot: $1.54

- Late position steal except I didn't notice that SB is only sitting with $0.72. If I notice this would it be better not to steal because he is likely to move in light?

- As played should I make this call? I can see him moving in with weaker aces but my hand isn't too strong.

Edit: - I'm thinking that bet/fold with these pot odds will probably be far too weak. This situation actually very profitable if I assume he will move with almost any two cards? (61% equity) Is this realistic? I do not understand the mentality of these extremely short stacked players.
  • 2 replies
    • maya1984
      maya1984
      Bronze
      You hand is strong enough to beat the blinds. If you didn't notice he has only 7BB raising to 4BB is OK. Next time just put him all-in preflop.
      About calling the extra 0.32c , easy call as you explained yourself.

Originally posted by SmileyphilI do not understand the mentality of these extremely short stacked players.
      lol, they are just :f_p: with no strategy... :)
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello,

Nice hand, well played. I would likely Call there also, most likely for image but ye you aren't getting that much on lower limits but still. :P I think he is capable of pushing with worse according to his stack.

Best regards,
      Rensu