[NL2-NL10] NL100, JJ, double stack

• burek2000
      Known players:

0,5/1 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is CO with J:club: , J:spade:
      3 folds, MP2 calls $1,00, MP3 folds, Hero raises to $4,50, BU calls $4,50, 3 folds.

Flop: ($11,50) 5:heart: , 8:heart: , T:heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $6,00, BU calls $6,00.

Turn: ($23,50) 6:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $12,75, Hero raises to $28,45 (All-In), BU calls $15,70.

River: ($80,40) 8:diamond: (1 players)

Final Pot: $80,40

OK, I really misplayed this hand, on the flop I should have raised much bigger, but my problem is turn after villain calls flop. I mean, what does such a tight nit cc preflop and just calls monoboard flop? I thought he had something like AhAx or AhKx, what would you put him on and would you shut down on the turn after he calls or keep betting for protection? I didn't know what to do, so I checked, but didn't want to fold either, so I pushed to his raise, I know that was horrible play, but I was confused, didn't know what to do... :f_confused:

From my current point of view betting 8$ on the flop and giving up against such a nit would be best choice.

Any other lines, please? :)
  • 2 replies
    • MrMardyBum
      With only 67 hands as a history, I don't really think this enough to outright label him as a nit. He could be card dead, it happens on about 4 of my tables per session, I'll look see I've played 80 hands and only made one or two raises. (SSS players are tighter I know but still).

I agree your flop bet should of been bigger, $8 would of been nice.
      But then if you had of bet $8, and you bet again on the turn, you are going to pretty much always be allin. So I guess the $6 bet is okay, IF you planned to b/f the turn.

As played, I think you should fire the next bullet, half your remaining stack. But I am aggressive as hell so that's more my own decision. But I think that would then tell you if he is drawing to the flush (he calls) or he has a hand he believes is winning (he raises). Then you are faced with another dilemma I admit, but I think it makes your decision easier. And could of saved you $14,(assuming you lost) the only time I check this turn card is when I am planning to check/fold.

I don't normally comment on other peoples hands as I am learning myself still, but thought I'd share my opinion :)

I think super nit loosened up for this hand and flipped Ah,8x, or he hit his set.

Or maybe he holds some loving for 9,7 ;)
    • burek2000
      It's great to hear everyone's opinion, more people know more.

Thanks for the reply, also expressing your own thoughts helps you learn as well as you can make people look from another perspective.

As for some addition, villain at the time of the hand had stats 6/2. Still could be just variance, but there's no way he's not tight, therefore also has tight calling range, even if it's not just KK+. :)

I'll wait for some more discussion then I'm posting the results. :f_grin: