:s_mad:

Whats wrong?

:s_cry:

Oh. I see. Is there anything I can do?

:s_mad:

So thats it then?

:s_cry:

Ok then.

Is this the end? I dont know. I guess it is for now.

There are some things I just cant deal with in/around this game, because it has screwed me over time and time again. Maybe if I solve that I can start playing again.

I know theres a thing called variance, but how the f*** can you run so insane as I did for one week, then just plummet straight to hell no matter what you do the two next.

F***. F***. F***. F***.

YES. I am broke.

YES. I know what BRM is, so dont go there please. Its not helpful.

GOODBYE! :s_cool:
  • 8 replies
    • Dragar
      Dragar
      Bronze
      Damn dude... broke?
      No more money at all :(

Sucks man. Hope you learned something out of everything though.

BRM is helpfull though :)
    • Vargan
      Vargan
      Bronze
      I am broke as in I'm not playing untill I convince myself I'm ready.

The truth is I have $39 left or something on Everest, and enough FPP on Stars to win some T$. Recovery is doable in the future, if I want too. I also dont mind depositing more money aslong as it does not hurt my real-life finances.

Its just Ive done this so many times now, it always ends the same. In january I played from $100 to $800 in a few weeks. Then this "thing" happened and I blew it. Same thing happened now when I started playing for my bonus on Everest. Start out really really great, then crash and burn.

I know three of my biggest leaks; first, I have trouble following BRM. Mostly moving down is an issue. Second, temptation. Third, I think I have developed light OCD.

Im really lost. :s_frown:
    • mishkagg
      mishkagg
      Bronze
      You're tilting heavy it seems. Work on that too.

And why are you having trouble going down the limits? Is it pride? If it is, your pride has robbed you of a few thousand dollars which you could've saved going down the limits.

Sorry for the losses and I hope you find the will to rethink and restart your gaming.
    • Vargan
      Vargan
      Bronze
      I cant say pride has anything to do with it, but I'll think about it. Moving down one limit is fine, but moving down three and four is not.

And tilt? I laugh in the face of tilt! Mwahahahahaehaheheahae!

Tilt. :f_frown:
    • Waiboy
      Waiboy
      Bronze
      Hey dude, tough lessons are often the most important.

You don't want to hear BRM, cool, I understand, but until you come to terms with what this means you are doomed... variance will always win (well, obviously there is some variance implicit in this statment, but I digress).

BRM is you bankroll's safety net. Whether you're a poker genius or :f_confused: , playing without it is the fast road to busto.. as you've discovered.

So perhaps some self enforced exile is the best approach until you can apply the hard, steely mindset that poker requires to really succeed. At least for the vast majority of us anyway.

Good luck finding your path man.
    • mishkagg
      mishkagg
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Vargan
      I cant say pride has anything to do with it, but I'll think about it. Moving down one limit is fine, but moving down three and four is not.

And tilt? I laugh in the face of tilt! Mwahahahahaehaheheahae!

Tilt. :f_frown:
      Ok, so with $800 in the account you should be playing the NL25 fullstacked and NL100 shorstacked. And I assume you've played the NL50 or the NL200. Can't you understand that a bad beat at the NL50 will cost you a HUGE percent of your bankroll? And then you say "I'm gonna recover it in no time, I just gotta be lucky with my QJs here, lets push this flop with my overpair...". Only to be raped by a set. And you've lost $100 which is like 12% of your roll. And etc. I think that was the scenario, right?

Instead you KNOW you should've grinded the NL25 (where you're running very hot and win most hands you're involved in) up until $1500 and move to the NL50. But no, here come Mr. Greed and Mr. Big Ego who are both very bad advisers for a poker player. They're going to tell you "Look, you're raping this limit, you've got what - like 15 BI for the higher one, go for it, 15 is enough with your skills!". But it's not enough. Add Mr. Tilt to the equation and that is the road to the $39 you've got left.

So take a few weeks off. Reevaluate your mentality. Fuck those money you lost, just forget them. Stick to the bankroll rules, might just skip a few BI but no more than 5. Play your solid game and etc.

I wish you the best of luck.

However, if you're dumb enough to do the same thing again and again - well, then that's not your game, dude.
    • MrPavlos
      MrPavlos
      Global
      Man look,since u managed to raise ur BR's from 100$ to 800$ it means u cant be a complete fish,there must be some things u know how to do right.
      Moving down the limits is quite annoying indeed,but i think its really important.
      If u are interested in starting again,first take a break for some days,then spend some days checking ur previous plays,then a good motivation would be either to read some blogs here (it always works for me to give me some +mood) either go watch some videos,like WSOP or something similar.Then when u get in the mood of playing once again start over,try playing less tables,i used to play 4-6 for 6 months,after last downswing (roll 350$ gone to 110$) i started playing 2 tables and i cant say for sure if i am on an upswing but i am really winning good since the day i started playing 2 tables.An other thing that i found quite helpfull is find someone to play with.Play the same tourney with someone and have him on skype or msn or something,dunno why exactly but its quite helpfull,especially in the Not Tilt subject.

Good luck to whatever u chose,maybe its better to quit,find a new hobby,maybe its better to relax and come back in a while stronger mentally.
      Hope my post will help somehow

Cheers mate

ps: some weed could help u to relax :f_biggrin:
    • Vargan
      Vargan
      Bronze
      Originally posted by mishkagg
      Ok, so with $800 in the account you should be playing the NL25 fullstacked and NL100 shorstacked. And I assume you've played the NL50 or the NL200. Can't you understand that a bad beat at the NL50 will cost you a HUGE percent of your bankroll? And then you say "I'm gonna recover it in no time, I just gotta be lucky with my QJs here, lets push this flop with my overpair...". Only to be raped by a set. And you've lost $100 which is like 12% of your roll. And etc. I think that was the scenario, right?
      NL200 :f_love: Ive actually never played NL200.

When I was at $800 I started playing $22 SNG's, I had a swingdown and moved back to the $11 SNG's, unfortunatly it continued and then I moved down to the $5's, and then I left my BR at $150 or something.

Those $150 I put in a fishsoup seasoned with tilt and ate. Leftover is $4.

The tilt thing I said in my last post was a joke, I thought it was obvious.

Originally posted by MrPavlos
      Man look,since u managed to raise ur BR's from 100$ to 800$ it means u cant be a complete fish,there must be some things u know how to do right.

Hope my post will help somehow

Cheers mate

ps: some weed could help u to relax :f_biggrin:
      Thanks MrPavlos. And no weed, I dont smoke. :f_cool: