PP Beginner Section

• DakaSha
      I recieved the first 50$ and was doing ok. i made around 10 bucks my first hour which was cool. I got way overconfident though and starting playing on the 0.25/0.50 blinds. this wasnt a problem per say as i played even better here (probably from taking it more seriously). it was of course still stupid as a single misplaced all in can be disastrous, which it was :(

oh well my fault

after that my morale dropped and i played worse and worse untill finannly losing it all... again my fault.

now the thing is: this was all in the normal gaming area!! i didnt even realize that there is a beginners section. the way i understood it was that the smallest blinds were for beginners... yes i saw the beginner part and clicked on it. the only thing listed (without scrolling) were stud games (since the section is "connected" with the stud section i thought it was only available for that game... yes it doesnt make sense but i thought they have thier reasons)

also my fault for not reading everything and being over anxious. i might have still lossed everything from acting like an idiot but it woulda been nice to play in the beginner section (winning more would have increased my morale which is such a determiniung factor for me while playing)

anyway not much of a downswing but it sucks either way. pay attention and read everything ^^

edit: oh and i wanted to thank pokerstrategy for giving me the chance to play real games. of course its all part of a buisiness strategy but its benificial to all which is cool ^^

when i ever get the chance to deposit some more cash ill pay more attention to the bankroll managment lol

for now im just playin freeroles and actually getting better and better. as ive pretty much stated my problem isnt my game... its my money managment
  • 2 replies
    • Stefan1000
      I am really sorry that this thing happened to you but actually you are not alone. You are just the only person talking about that.

So i will take this situation and point out the importance of Bankroll Managment.

And now so many players who could have been excellent poker players but they go broke because of a terrible brm.

So if you want to deposit money by your own i strongly recommend not to deposit more then $50 ever. The lowest fixed-limit is $0.05/$0.10 and you should be ok with 200BB for that so actually $20 should be enough but i think partypoker has a deposit minimum of $50 but i am not sure anymore.

But you should think twice about investing any more money into poker. If you do so please do me the favor only invest an amount you wouldn't care about if you loose it on the street!

You have to see poker as a challange. A challange to beat every limit and you should start at the lowest.

It is very easy, the lower the limit the better the opponents.

Best regards,
    • DakaSha
      pp's deposit limit is now at 10$ ^^

and yes i started this thread so people realize how important it is. it sucks to go broke ^^ stick to BM

edit: heh and obviously to point out that there is a beginner section that should be used ^^