$25.00
      MP3:
      $25.60
      CO:
      $4.90
      BU(Hero):
      $26.85

Preflop: Hero is BU with T, T.
      2 folds, MP1 calls $0.25, MP2 folds, MP3 raises to $0.75, CO folds, Hero calls $0.75, 2 folds, MP1 calls $0.50.

Flop: ($2.60) J, 2, T (3 players)
      MP1 checks, MP3 bets $1.50, Hero raises to $4.25, MP1 folds, MP3 calls $2.75.

Turn: ($11.10) Q (2 players)
      MP3 bets $20.60(All-In), Hero calls $20.60.

River: ($52.30) 8 (2 players)

Final Pot: $52.30.

Flop I was comfortable, but the over shove on the turn really got me questioning whether my set was good, KA QQ JJ beats me, which could quite easily be in his range, in hindsight I think this call might be -EV, gotta stop basing my opinions on their "Goldstar, Silverstar" on pokerstars, could mean anything. But yeah villain was gold ranking which leans me towards this call being -EV. Looking forward to your input, regards. Paul.
  • 4 replies
    • nttflox
      nttflox
      Bronze
      You could raise him bigger on the flop, not to let him draw cheap. I would raise around 6$. As played the only reasonable hand I would be afraid of is QQ. Jacks would reraise you on flop, monster draws like AK, KQ or 89 :diamond: as well. I'm calling his shove.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello,

Originally posted by nttflox
      You could raise him bigger on the flop, not to let him draw cheap. I would raise around 6$. As played the only reasonable hand I would be afraid of is QQ. Jacks would reraise you on flop, monster draws like AK, KQ or 89 :diamond: as well. I'm calling his shove.
      +1, he also could have so many different hands what you beat so I am also Calling on turn. Overpairs, combo-draws, two pairs and etc.

Best regards,
      Rensu
    • ShaQQ
      ShaQQ
      Bronze
      I don't know where it's come from but ever since I switched to NL25 (for Pokerstars promotion) I've gotten into a habit of not raising enough on the flop, it's happened a few times where a pot size raise would have made a turn / river decision a lot easier. Noted, thank you for your comments. All the best, Paul.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by ShaQQ
      I don't know where it's come from but ever since I switched to NL25 (for Pokerstars promotion) I've gotten into a habit of not raising enough on the flop, it's happened a few times where a pot size raise would have made a turn / river decision a lot easier. Noted, thank you for your comments. All the best, Paul.
      Could be that stars doesn't have those potsize raise buttons and etc and you might think that the raise is too big and they wont Call you. :P