This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] NL25Sh AKs

• silent21
      silent21
      Global
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.25(BB) Replayer
      SB ($25.45) 19/15 1.3af 160h
      BB ($54.19)
      UTG ($24.65)
      UTG+1 ($28.76)
      CO ($36.35)
      Hero ($26.94)

Dealt to Hero A:diamond: K:heart:

fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to $1, SB calls $0.90, fold,

FLOP ($2.25) A:spade: 9:spade: 4:diamond:

check, Hero bets $1.75, SB raises to $4, Hero raises to $14.25, SB raises to $24.45, Hero calls $10.20,
  • 3 replies
    • Fongie
      Fongie
      Bronze
      Ooooh can't believe I'm going to say it but I tend to either fold the flop (!!) or call flop fold turn to big bet there mostly against that guy. Standard TAG calling from SB.... raising A high flop.. we know what that means. A standard TAG who called AQ or AJ in the SB would most likely just call you down on this board (he wouldn't go broke for sure atleast - the AF speaks for that too). As to raising with draws... well, on this A high board he can't have a combodraw! (such as overs+fd or fd+straightdraw). So what do we narrow it down to? That you're beat. I'd just fold flop.... even though it sucks.

Calling flop folding turn is an option but I don't really like it because he's like 100% betting turn anyway.
    • silent21
      silent21
      Global
      okey if i was on his position i would 3bet most of the AT+ hands and also PPs. so i excluded this hands from his range, then i was left without any idea what is his range and ofcourse pushed [tilty me]. ofcourse he showed 44.

I still dont get it how you came to the conclusion he is holding better hand. Every poker movie i have watched [here and cr] TAG players are 95% 3betting pps from sb. What are the ranges for a nitty and loose tag player in such or similar spots. From ranges i mean - 3bet and sb/bb calling ranges. I am with nitty tag stats 14/11 so people should be more cautious with me i guess
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      It would be nice to see what his 3-bet % is.
      I think he should likely 3-bet with 99 a lot of times and that leaves 44 or A9, A4, which beat you.
      Consider that he is representing small range and he could do that sometimes with draw, I think 3-bet/getting all-in is fine
      Although if you think that eh would never raise on the draw, then b/f flop is better.