$20.13
      Hero:
      $20.30
      UTG2:
      $21.67
      MP2:
      $20.00

0.1/0.2 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is UTG1 with J:heart: , J:club:
      Hero raises to $0.80, UTG2 calls $0.80, MP1 folds, MP2 calls $0.80, 4 folds, BB calls $0.60.

Flop: ($3.30) 5:diamond: , 7:diamond: , A:spade: (4 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks, UTG2 checks, MP2 checks.

Turn: ($3.30) 4:heart: (4 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks, UTG2 checks, MP2 checks.

River: ($3.30) 5:club: (4 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $1.65, UTG2 folds, MP2 calls $1.65, BB folds.

Final Pot: $6.60

It was clear no-one had an A on the river but should I bet turn?
  • 5 replies
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      You should bet on the flop
      There a lot worse hands that call your c-bet
      As played: betting turn is better than c/c
    • Hypn0sist0AD
      Hypn0sist0AD
      Bronze
      Tbh I don't understand.
      If hes made a raise early position that suggests he has a good hand (very possibly an ace x) Also theyve called his e.p. bet so that suggests they v. possibly have an ace. The only thing I can see them calling the c.bet with that isn't an ace is somthing like kq diamonds. Or is it that they would automatically raise him if they had an ace and then he cud fold, and if they just call he cud fire again and be sure of taking it down?
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Hypn0sist0AD
      Tbh I don't understand.
      If hes made a raise early position that suggests he has a good hand (very possibly an ace x) Also theyve called his e.p. bet so that suggests they v. possibly have an ace. The only thing I can see them calling the c.bet with that isn't an ace is somthing like kq diamonds. Or is it that they would automatically raise him if they had an ace and then he cud fold, and if they just call he cud fire again and be sure of taking it down?
      Not sure what Tbh means, but I think that in 4-way pot they would call c-bet a lot of times with any draw- that means also gutshots,oesd, any flushdraws. You can´t really put players on Ax every time when ace comes and you ahve lower pp.
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Kaitz20
      Tbh I don't understand.
      Not sure what Tbh means, but I think that in 4-way pot they would call c-bet a lot of times with any draw- that means also gutshots,oesd, any flushdraws. You can´t really put players on Ax every time when ace comes and you ahve lower pp.
      tbh = to be honest

I dont like making a big pot on the flop just to have to fold on the river to a big bet/bluff. How can one know oop if they are bluffing a busted draw or actually betting their A(or better) for value?
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by TheBrood
      Originally posted by Kaitz20
      Tbh I don't understand.
      tbh = to be honest

I dont like making a big pot on the flop just to have to fold on the river to a big bet/bluff. How can one know oop if they are bluffing a busted draw or actually betting their A(or better) for value?
      That comes generally with time
      it depends a lot on the game flow and opponents, usually passive opponents would not bluff so often as lags.
      But general advise is hard to give, it depends too many things and I would mostly go with my gut feeling (which might not be the best way, but I have no other suggestion to give)