[NL2-NL10] Nl100 - table breakdown and sklansky chubokov

• WildBeans
      The table broke down so I was trying to get as much out of it as possible before leaving. According to the sklansky chubokov chart, 44+ is fine for 20blinds, but 25blinds it's not. This was just under half way, and I guessed it would be borderline, then took the chance.. (and anyway the bb had 20 blinds - so in a sense if the sb had called, it would have been as if I was in SB, and if the BB called then it would have been as if I had only 20bb - how does that sound?)

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

$0.5/$1 No-Limit Hold'em (3 handed)

Known players:

Preflop: Hero is BU with 4, 4.
      Hero raises to $22.1(All-In), SB folds, BB calls $20.00(All-In).

Flop: ($43.60) T, 2, 2 (2 players)

Turn: ($43.60) A (2 players)

River: ($43.60) A (2 players)

Final Pot: $43.60.
  • 3 replies
    • DaPhunk
      Interesting hand. I personally never sklansky if my stack is over 11BB. (If 12BB i raise 3BB or push after 1 limper, normal range) I also tightened up my own sklansky range and started rebuying sooner to have a large stack due to some bad experiences with this strategy.

I would be interested to see what the judges say on this one. All I will say is that I personally don't like the Sklansky Push anymore. I used to think of it as one of my lethal *weapons* but have since changed my mind :D
    • Gerv

I personally only sklansky against fishes with <50% FBB2steal and stuff to increase my equity overall. The thing is with 44 + position is that it is more +++EV to just raise it up to 3bb and outplay postflop.

Sklansky is +EV but in terms of absolute numbers, I think you can multiply your EV with sklansky by 2 and then you get a normal blindsteal situation.

Moreover Sklansky is only appropriate (in my opinion since it is borderline +EV / =EV / -EV) if you have decent stats on the blinds.

concerning stacksizes, I only openshove with a smaller stack rather than a bigger stack because with a bigger stack, you ave more room to outplay postflop and beyond.

I would just raise 44 to 3bb ;)

- Gerv
    • WildBeans
      I guess I just didn't feel like having to think post flop. But anyway as far as I know, it doesn't matter what the stats are for the blinds, as the sklansky-chubokov will always be profitable with that many blinds.. ? no matter what the blinds do.. right, wrong?

Anyway he called with KJ and I doubled up, so it worked out for me anyway.