Full Tilt Poker, $0.25/0.50 Hold'em Cash Games, 2 Players
      Hand Converter by Pokerhand.org

Board:
      HERO (BB): $108.30
      robdog03 (Button): $100.35

Dealt to HERO A:club: K:club:

Pre-flop:
      robdog03 raises to $1.50, HERO raises to $6, robdog03 calls $4.50

Flop: ($12.75) 9:diamond: J:club: 4:diamond: (2 Players)
      HERO bets $7.50, robdog03 calls $7.50

Turn: ($27.75) 9:club: (2 Players)
      HERO bets $13.50, robdog03 calls $13.50

River: ($54.75) K:diamond: (2 Players)
      HERO bets $27, robdog03 calls $27
      =======================================

Would you barrel the turn?

What is the correct line on the river? I decided to make a blockbet (and fold to a raise).

=======================================
      Villain: 69/59, AF: 32, WTS: 32, 3-bet: 16,7 (I think that he always folded to my 3bet; I called some of his 3-bets); c-bet: 20, fold to c-bet: 60.

History:
      I doubled up in the beginning with A J (I bet, he raised, I called): FLOP: K Q T. I donked this flop, he reraised me and I shoved. He lost his with Q:dQh.
      I was 3-betting him also wih an air since I knew he would folded (and to disguise my 3-bet range). I do nto remebmer him 4-betting (e.g. with QQ, etc.)
      One or two hands ago, I just cold called with AKs OOP.
  • 7 replies
    • timukasr
      timukasr
      Bronze
      I'd bet more on turn and checkbehind river.
    • Michailewic
      Michailewic
      Bronze
      I would have liked to check behind the river but I did not know how since I was the first to play :D
    • viewer88
      viewer88
      Bronze
      I would bet a little big higher on turn (17$ ish) and check/call river. If he calls down with a medium made hand (J- pocket pair, ...) or if he's just floating you he could bet this river, while he's unlikely to call another bet.
    • viewer88
      viewer88
      Bronze
      I would bet a little big higher on turn (17$ ish) and check/call river. If he calls down with a medium made hand (J- pocket pair, ...) or if he's just floating you he could bet this river, while he's unlikely to call another bet.
    • Michailewic
      Michailewic
      Bronze
      I do not like betting more on the turn since this bet also represents a blocking bet.

I decided to b/f on the river since I did not want to face a big bet.

By the way, after I bet on the river he took a long time then he said "shit", then he took a long time again and then he called.
    • srohack
      srohack
      Bronze
      hi
      blockbeting river is fine and i think is the best play . i dont like check/calling at all cuz you give him the chance to play perfectly
      on the other hand flop and turn are arguble .
      if you wanna barrel the turn make it biger because you will never have a 9 with that sizing this deep and you give him a very good price for him to peal with all his draws.
      sometimes i give up on this flop cuz it hits a very big part of his range especialy this deep but if i bet i intend to barrel a lot of turn cards
      gl
    • yaxkukmian
      yaxkukmian
      Bronze
      Turn blockbet looks really weak. You're inviting him to call with anything he called you with on the flop. I would rather bet the turn bigger and if he called, you would know he has something. With block bet you don't know where you at-> is he chasing his draws or has some J ? If it was blank river your decision would be very hard, even if third diamond came. The river bet was ok though, after check your decision would be harder.