This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

NL 50 HU: AKs - deep

• Michailewic
      Michailewic
      Bronze
      Full Tilt Poker, $0.25/0.50 Hold'em Cash Games, 2 Players
      Hand Converter by Pokerhand.org

Board:
      HERO (BB): $108.30
      robdog03 (Button): $100.35

Dealt to HERO A:club: K:club:

Pre-flop:
      robdog03 raises to $1.50, HERO raises to $6, robdog03 calls $4.50

Flop: ($12.75) 9:diamond: J:club: 4:diamond: (2 Players)
      HERO bets $7.50, robdog03 calls $7.50

Turn: ($27.75) 9:club: (2 Players)
      HERO bets $13.50, robdog03 calls $13.50

River: ($54.75) K:diamond: (2 Players)
      HERO bets $27, robdog03 calls $27
      =======================================

Would you barrel the turn?

What is the correct line on the river? I decided to make a blockbet (and fold to a raise).

=======================================
      Villain: 69/59, AF: 32, WTS: 32, 3-bet: 16,7 (I think that he always folded to my 3bet; I called some of his 3-bets); c-bet: 20, fold to c-bet: 60.

History:
      I doubled up in the beginning with A J (I bet, he raised, I called): FLOP: K Q T. I donked this flop, he reraised me and I shoved. He lost his with Q:dQh.
      I was 3-betting him also wih an air since I knew he would folded (and to disguise my 3-bet range). I do nto remebmer him 4-betting (e.g. with QQ, etc.)
      One or two hands ago, I just cold called with AKs OOP.
  • 7 replies
    • timukasr
      timukasr
      Bronze
      I'd bet more on turn and checkbehind river.
    • Michailewic
      Michailewic
      Bronze
      I would have liked to check behind the river but I did not know how since I was the first to play :D
    • viewer88
      viewer88
      Bronze
      I would bet a little big higher on turn (17$ ish) and check/call river. If he calls down with a medium made hand (J- pocket pair, ...) or if he's just floating you he could bet this river, while he's unlikely to call another bet.
    • viewer88
      viewer88
      Bronze
      I would bet a little big higher on turn (17$ ish) and check/call river. If he calls down with a medium made hand (J- pocket pair, ...) or if he's just floating you he could bet this river, while he's unlikely to call another bet.
    • Michailewic
      Michailewic
      Bronze
      I do not like betting more on the turn since this bet also represents a blocking bet.

I decided to b/f on the river since I did not want to face a big bet.

By the way, after I bet on the river he took a long time then he said "shit", then he took a long time again and then he called.
    • srohack
      srohack
      Bronze
      hi
      blockbeting river is fine and i think is the best play . i dont like check/calling at all cuz you give him the chance to play perfectly
      on the other hand flop and turn are arguble .
      if you wanna barrel the turn make it biger because you will never have a 9 with that sizing this deep and you give him a very good price for him to peal with all his draws.
      sometimes i give up on this flop cuz it hits a very big part of his range especialy this deep but if i bet i intend to barrel a lot of turn cards
      gl
    • yaxkukmian
      yaxkukmian
      Bronze
      Turn blockbet looks really weak. You're inviting him to call with anything he called you with on the flop. I would rather bet the turn bigger and if he called, you would know he has something. With block bet you don't know where you at-> is he chasing his draws or has some J ? If it was blank river your decision would be very hard, even if third diamond came. The river bet was ok though, after check your decision would be harder.