3bet range

• Smileyphil
      Smileyphil
      Bronze
      What ranges do you guys 3bet?

The strategy articles seem to suggest that 3bet/broke is almost never a mistake with QQ+, AK. Would anyone routinely fold these hands preflop?

Since we get a lot of fold equity with 3bets does anyone include a 3bet/fold in the game? Perhaps with TT/JJ?
  • 3 replies
    • Janosikgdy
      Janosikgdy
      Bronze
      I am wondering what is the best way to play Ako/s pf in shorthanded games.

Does going all in pf with ako/s is ev+ on micro stakes (nl10, nl25?)

Can I play 3bet/call for a tptk on the flop, or it is better to shove, or just fold it pre-flop?

and is there a big difference in playing aks then ako?
    • SheepMoose
      SheepMoose
      Bronze
      AK I fold after a raise and a re-raise infront of me. I may be inclined to 3 bet with 10s, JJ I would 3 bet with, and obviously QQ+.
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Smileyphil
      What ranges do you guys 3bet?

The strategy articles seem to suggest that 3bet/broke is almost never a mistake with QQ+, AK. Would anyone routinely fold these hands preflop?

Since we get a lot of fold equity with 3bets does anyone include a 3bet/fold in the game? Perhaps with TT/JJ?
      It's really player dependant.. if the guy is bet/fold, bet/4bet type player it's profitable to 3bet him with ATC and call in position with bigger hands. If he's bet/call type player then it depends on how loose he is and from which position he raises. Just play a little bit with pokerstove and it should help you out when deciding either to 3bet , call or fold. But as a rule of thumb if i'm OOP i 3bet majority of hands i play and call with small pocket pairs unless the original raiser would be raising from late position then i either fold or 3bet again. 3bet/fold is normal, 4bet/fold is bad though, unless you 4bet bluff.
      EDIT: sometimes i actually call with small pocket pairs vs late position raiser, but then you get to c/r bluff from time to time.