This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

3bet range

• Smileyphil
      Smileyphil
      Silver
      What ranges do you guys 3bet?

The strategy articles seem to suggest that 3bet/broke is almost never a mistake with QQ+, AK. Would anyone routinely fold these hands preflop?

Since we get a lot of fold equity with 3bets does anyone include a 3bet/fold in the game? Perhaps with TT/JJ?
  • 3 replies
    • Janosikgdy
      Janosikgdy
      Bronze
      I am wondering what is the best way to play Ako/s pf in shorthanded games.

Does going all in pf with ako/s is ev+ on micro stakes (nl10, nl25?)

Can I play 3bet/call for a tptk on the flop, or it is better to shove, or just fold it pre-flop?

and is there a big difference in playing aks then ako?
    • SheepMoose
      SheepMoose
      Bronze
      AK I fold after a raise and a re-raise infront of me. I may be inclined to 3 bet with 10s, JJ I would 3 bet with, and obviously QQ+.
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Smileyphil
      What ranges do you guys 3bet?

The strategy articles seem to suggest that 3bet/broke is almost never a mistake with QQ+, AK. Would anyone routinely fold these hands preflop?

Since we get a lot of fold equity with 3bets does anyone include a 3bet/fold in the game? Perhaps with TT/JJ?
      It's really player dependant.. if the guy is bet/fold, bet/4bet type player it's profitable to 3bet him with ATC and call in position with bigger hands. If he's bet/call type player then it depends on how loose he is and from which position he raises. Just play a little bit with pokerstove and it should help you out when deciding either to 3bet , call or fold. But as a rule of thumb if i'm OOP i 3bet majority of hands i play and call with small pocket pairs unless the original raiser would be raising from late position then i either fold or 3bet again. 3bet/fold is normal, 4bet/fold is bad though, unless you 4bet bluff.
      EDIT: sometimes i actually call with small pocket pairs vs late position raiser, but then you get to c/r bluff from time to time.