$3.51
      CO:
      $2.71
      BU:
      $1.00
      SB:
      $3.95

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with K, K.
      UTG2 folds, Hero raises to $0.2, 2 folds, CO calls $0.20, 3 folds.

Flop: ($0.47) 7, 5, J (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.30, CO calls $0.30.

Turn: ($1.07) A (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $0.21, Hero folds, CO gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $1.07.

As the ace showed up, no more overpair or top pair, so I folded. I don't believe he had an ace...
  • 4 replies
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      Hey MancaMulas,

when you are preflop aggressor and you have a made hand on the flop(like overpair in this hand) don't give up on the turn if an overcard shows up, because it's very unlikely that the opponent hit his 3-outer, so just keep on the flop aggression and push turn. If opponent called you on the flop with A-high, then it's just bad luck, but he will more often have FD or Jx and you will still be ahead.

Regards,
      burek2000
    • MancaMulas
      MancaMulas
      Bronze
      I don't know what you mean when you say "3-outer", I gave up because if he has an ace, my kings are busted! If he hitted his ace, one of the 3 outs is right there the turn card! and i'm sorry to ask, but what is a "FD"?
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      Hey,

3-outer is simply a hand that has only 3 outs to improve against your hand. For example, AT would have only 3 remaining aces in the deck to improve against your KK.

FD - flush draw. When opponent has 2 hearts in his hole cards and is drawing to the flush.

It's true that your kings are busted if opponent hit his ace, but the reason why you shouldn't give up the hand is because it's very unlikely that opponent will call your bet on the flop with Ax type of hand, because ace missed this flop and isn't really worth anything on this flop. On the other hand, if there was an A on the flop, then your KK would really be worth nothing, because it's very likely that somebody called your preflop raise with Ax type of hand, since before the flop Ax is much stronger than on the flop if there's no ace. I hope this explains it.

Next time please use the "Advise the judge to have another look" button when you have some more questions, or evaluation is unclear to you, because if thread remains evaluated judges can miss your question.

Btw, don't be sorry for asking anything. ;)

Regards,
      burek2000
    • MancaMulas
      MancaMulas
      Bronze
      thank you burek2000! makes perfect sense, always learning!