[NL2-NL10] .5-!4 Kings preflop

• Xiansan
      Xiansan
      Basic
      Hi good people,

I have goten cracked 5 out of 6 times with Kings except the one time that aia raised and the entire table folded. Other than that i WILL MAKE A MODERATE RAISE (SORRY CAPS) FOR SAY $2.. FLAT AND GET 1 OR 2 CALLERS. nOW PEOPLE SAY i SHOULD BE RAISING MORE BUT u KNOW THESE INTERNET GAMES IF YOU RAISE 2 strongly then you get no action yet EVERY SINGLE TIME I let them inn with a bet like this I get bad beat after bad beat..for instance the flop in my last hand came ...

Jd--6c--2h
      which looks perfect for me right? I bet $3 and the blind (the BB called BTW) raises me to $6.... I figure he has me on AK being its not a monster bet and he had j6u??? Do you believe this?

Another hand the same stakes.............

Under the gun I raise to 2.50 and I get called by one player who re-rasies to $5.I flat out call so I can have him lead after I check and the flop comes.......

9c-10d-5h

He bets out aftr I check for $5 more but this guy is extremely aggresive and so I dont have him on A's cuz Im SURE he would have tried to set me all-in pre-flop and so I go all-in here for my remaining $20 and without thinking he calls me and the board comes 7d on the turn and th 8d on the river.........do I have to say he played a JQo?

yOU WILL never HEAR THAT INTERRNET POKER IS RIGGED FROM ME BUT gEEZ WHAT AM i DOING WRONG OR AM i NOT?? i JUST DONT KNOW ANYMORE?

Thanx sorry bout the caps, Im shaking here I think I have a fever!

Xiansan
  • 3 replies
    • Stefan1000
      Stefan1000
      Bronze
      I moved your thread into the NL board. I hope you don't mind.
    • Alaton
      Alaton
      Black
      It seems that you played the hands good, losing to an "invisible" Twopair and a Straightdraw, while protecting correctly and getting the money in while he is still drawing, is just plain and simple bad luck.
      You should not get discouraged by losing only 2 hands. You will have to endure much bigger losing streaks if your pokercareer progresses, so better get ready for it.
      The bad players on the low limits push the variance to the top by their senseless play sometimes.

Best is to just have a break and work on your game when going back to the tables, this is simply all you can do about it.
      Bad luck will always catch you and you should definitely learn to live with it as it really is one of the most important parts of Poker, understanding and handling your luck!

To make sure to improve your game you should use the great offers on the site here, coaching and hand-forums to count some examples.

Also be sure to not get in the trap of beginning to tilt!! Often enough tilting cost you more money then the few little bad beats did, so stay focused, or if you are not able to, just leave the game for that day!

Best Wishes and good luck!
    • Xiansan
      Xiansan
      Basic
      Thanx so much Alaton,

I think your answer was just about on the money, I mean even with an open ended straight draw Im like over an 85% fav and in fact because of the K's Im a bigger fav than if I held A's!!! lol

But I was mentioning this Alaton I just showing U 2 examples.........I have goten cracked 5 out of 6 times with Kings except the one time that I raised and the entire table folded.

Your right on the money tho, I held in there and played close to the samw way but mixing it up here and there and got it ALL back and then some today after 4 tough-tough days that shok my confidence, so thanx again I helped me keep my focus!