This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] Nl10 Sh:Ak

• maya1984
      maya1984
      Bronze
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (4 handed)

Known players:
      CO:
      $5.25
      BU:
      $2.90
      SB(Hero):
      $10.05
      BB:
      $18.95

Preflop: Hero is SB with K, A.
      CO calls $0.10, BU folds, Hero raises to $0.6, BB calls $0.50, CO folds.

Flop: ($1.30) A, 4, Q (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.00, BB calls $1.00.

Turn: ($3.30) 9 (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.70, BB raises to $3.5, Hero calls $1.80.

River: ($10.30) 7 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BB bets $13.85, Hero folds, BB gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $10.30.

Feel like I play it bad, Think I should have just shove the turn. By calling I'm just giving him a chance to bluff me with a busted FD.
  • 5 replies
    • Fongie
      Fongie
      Bronze
      Just bet/fold on the turn, $2.2 or so. Why do you want to shove? His obvious draw got there, you don't beat much anymore. Just fold to the raise.
    • silent21
      silent21
      Global
      Originally posted by Fongie
      Just bet/fold on the turn, $2.2 or so. Why do you want to shove? His obvious draw got there, you don't beat much anymore. Just fold to the raise.
      + you cannot call turn because even if he is on a FD, you will still be OOP on the river. and then you will be in a very bad situation whatever card hits. on the other side do u want to shove with TPTK on a 3heart board ?
    • maya1984
      maya1984
      Bronze
      Well, I had very small sample on the guy but in the ~20 hands that we played he seemed to be very aggressive, reraising every single hand that he played.
      After I folded, he worte: "lol good laydown, I only had k :heart: "
      So he probably bluffed that hand. The problem was that I didn't had enough hands on the villain so I didn't want to risk 50BB only on my instincts and make a hero call.
      As you say, the problem in calling the turn is that I'm OOP and have to check the river and face a big bet. I partly called beause I was still tilted from the mainac A9 hand.
      Man that was a sick sick session... I was down -5BI and finished +0.5BI.
    • Michailewic
      Michailewic
      Bronze
      Turn is bet/fold. No need to invest much more money. You have no redraw and you will c/r any river (with or without )
    • Fongie
      Fongie
      Bronze
      Well if you have specific reads or stats then post them. Doesn't really matter anyway because you mostly have to fold here - and nvm the chat ;)