$18.60
      SB(Hero):
      $10.00
      BB:
      $11.30
      MP2:
      $9.10

Preflop: Hero is SB with 9, A.
      MP2 calls $0.10, 3 folds, Hero raises to $0.5, BB raises to $11.3, MP2 folds, Hero calls $9.50(All-In).

Flop: ($21.40) J, 3, Q (2 players)

Turn: ($21.40) 8 (2 players)

River: ($21.40) 8 (2 players)

Final Pot: $21.40.

Results follow (highlight to see):

Hero shows a pair of eights (9c Ah)
      BB shows two pairs, kings and eights (Ks Kd)
      BB wins with two pairs, kings and eights (Ks Kd).

This was a sick sick session. I sat down on this SH table and found this maniac villain who is just shoving preflop every second hand (this hand was dealt after ten minutes or so) . I admit I was tliting at that time , but I decided to stand against this maniac.
      So this is an example for what you should not do! :) Just stand up and leave the table...
      Only the gods of poker know why I didn't left the table... :s_frown:
  • 5 replies
    • silent21
      silent21
      Global
      when i see a maniac a either play 8/8 or just leave table. but if he is really constantly putting pressure on other people nh. just learn to stand the sick variance vs maniacs
    • maya1984
      maya1984
      Bronze
      Silent I notice you only play SH games.
      I run super hot on FR and quite bad in SH.
      I know that SH has got much more variance and can be unperdicable some times but I really can't explain the differences in my stats. Got any ideas?
      I would be glad to play a session with you any maybe catch up with SH game.
      Thanks!
    • silent21
      silent21
      Global
      i am not the right person who can give u advice but there are people who find "their" game in different styles - sng/mtt/fr/sh. personally i was much more profitable on fr games but i started to play sh just because i find is much more interesting and more skillful [i play poker atm just to improve my skills not to win money].

i would recommend you to stick to the game u prefer. when you are interested in it then you will become get the experience and skill and eventually you will increase your profit.

for the difference in ur sh/fr game i guess it is just because of the bigger variance in sh games. also fr games are more fishy and more tight so you can control the game and this is a big plus.

i play in FTP but i guess in future we can arrange some session :) . in fact when i become profitable player at nl25 i will move to stars just because of the big fishy pool and less grinders. because of the rakeback FTP is mega populated with nitty tag 9-16 tablers and playing vs them is not very comfortable.
    • maya1984
      maya1984
      Bronze
      Great! :P
      Maybe we can set up a session this week (or next week) on FTP. You can find me in the buddy list. thanks!
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Without any reads folding is likely better than calling.
      Although if you want to gamble then A9 is fine to call against likely random hand