Starting to panic

• DjAdolfMixer
      DjAdolfMixer
      Bronze
      Currently going thru the worse downswing in the year that i have been playing online poker.Over the last fortnight lost just under 60bis,my previous worse was around 30 - 40 bis

The most frustrating part of this downswing is all the work that i have done over the past months building my br up just for it to go down the the drain.

Contemplating if i should move my br to another site.

On the verge of going on tilit...
  • 6 replies
    • p0kerQT
      p0kerQT
      Bronze
      Hi DjAdolfMixer,

60bi's is quite a lot, which format do you play? I think taking some time to evaluate your game would be a good idea. Post any hands you are losing a lot of money on. If you are using any tracking software take a look at the hands which you are losing on and try spot any leaks you may have. You should always work on improving your game, even when you are winning money, so don't stop reading the strategy articles on here, attend coachings and watch videos. I wish you the best of luck turning this downswing around.

Regards,
      Sarah
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      If its that easy to lose that amount, it should also be easy to get it back.

Stick with the program and keep focused. This downswing will pass.
    • dandycal
      dandycal
      Bronze
      60 BI is a pretty tough downer. I've had one of those, but there were a couple of things which contributed to it (tight platform> ipoker, and bad table selection).

Still, it happens. I was down for nearly 50K hands, but got it all back in just 5K.

Keep your head up and don't forget to review your game.
    • DjAdolfMixer
      DjAdolfMixer
      Bronze
      Appresh for the sound advice

Made a few changes since the horrific downswing.

*Moved br to PP (scored 2 deposit bonus)

*1 week break

*Checked out a few books from the local library

During the first days playing on PP made a profit of about $160,unfortunately i found the betting section on PP and placed $120 on ManU to win the champs league
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      Originally posted by DjAdolfMixer
      Appresh for the sound advice

Made a few changes since the horrific downswing.

*Moved br to PP (scored 2 deposit bonus)

*1 week break

*Checked out a few books from the local library

During the first days playing on PP made a profit of about $160,unfortunately i found the betting section on PP and placed $120 on ManU to win the champs league
      Noone can beat Barcelona as long as they have Puyol imo
    • DjAdolfMixer
      DjAdolfMixer
      Bronze
      Add Inesta,Xavi,Messi,Eto,Henry to the list then i agree