Hi ppl :)

• TornAces
      TornAces
      Global
      Hi everyone, I joined here a few days ago after being convinced by someone on Facebook. I completed the quiz and got my $50.00 in a cakepoker account 5 days ago and I am now up to $1200.00

Had a hot start after watching a few tables that were clearly holding inexperienced players and took full advantage (3/6 NL).

I am now, however, settling into .50/1.00 NL and plan on staying here for a while !!

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE !!!!!
  • 4 replies
    • dadude77
      dadude77
      Bronze
      Try to use better bank roll management, or theres a good chance you'd go broke!!

Be thankful that you got a heater and try to play smarter now :)

Are you playing BSS or SSS, because if playing BSS thats only 12 BI which is not near enough for NL100 (0.5/1).

Make sure to reread the articles on Bankroll management here for SSS and here for BSS.

But good luck and welcome to PS!
    • TornAces
      TornAces
      Global
      Hi buddy

I know I was lucky to boost the starting capital as I did. I pushed my luck I admit but I did it by table hopping in order to stay fresh and to some degree avoid the downturn of variance... and after all, when better to push your luck than when playing with someone elses money hey.

I will now settle into the blinds mentioned. NL100
      I will have a period of playing SSS, mainly because my initial progression was ONLY through luck and not sensible play so I will disregard the initial earnings ans start afresh ( just with a little bonus money ).

:f_biggrin:
    • TheBu11d0g
      TheBu11d0g
      Bronze
      Hello TornAces,

I would personally be very very careful trying to learn a new strategy on a limit like NL100.

The basic SSS articles that you have access to are usually used for NL10/NL25 and then as you move up through the limits of NL50/100/200 etc you start to incorporate more advanced plays that are discussed in articles that you will gain access to the higher you move up in status.

I would recommend starting off on a much lower limit while you are getting used to a new strategy, say NL10 for the SSS.

Kind Regards,
      -Steve
    • TornAces
      TornAces
      Global
      I am off on holiday in two weeks so I am gonna have a break anyway... been playing on Full Tilt and after another $50.00 starting capital I am now up to just under $1200.00 in 45 mins :)

When I come back I will stick wih BRM and lower limits, wanna make roughly $170.00 per day.....

..... Thanks for your input !!