$9.64
      MP3:
      $2.14
      CO:
      $1.85
      BU:
      $11.24

Preflop: Hero is SB with 2, A.
      UTG2 folds, MP1 calls $0.10, MP2 folds, MP3 calls $0.10, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.05, BB checks.

Flop: ($0.40) 9, K, 3 (4 players)
      Hero checks, BB bets $0.20, MP1 folds, MP3 calls $0.20, Hero calls $0.20.

Turn: ($1.00) 8 (3 players)
      Hero checks, BB bets $1.50, MP3 calls $1.50, Hero calls $1.50.

I was trying to incorporate the gold articles in my play and stumbled upon this hand. A2s can be limped after 2 other people have limped, but the articles aren't that specific about completing with off suited aces. Taking implied odds into consideration the flop is an easy call, but what about the turn? Should I have folded this hand?
  • 2 replies
    • dandycal
      dandycal
      Bronze
      Hi Luitzen,

I really don't think that completing with A2o is profitable with only 2 limpers behind. And for the lower limits I'd suggest you stick with the basic strategy. It's simpler and it works best in such limits.

I fold turn here because you don't et good enough odds to call, you neet at least 4:1 pot odds to call for a flush draw. And a 4th :heart: will probably scare your opponents so you can't expect to get much implied odds here odds. It doesn't look like a profitable spot to me.

Best regards
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      Hello luitzen,

according to the articles you can only complete/limp suited Ax because their biggest value is in hitting nut-flush draw. But playing Axo for 2-pair+ would really need great odds preflop, maybe 5+ limpers to complete and almost whole FR table to limp from late, because playability sucks. Besides if you hit your trips with AA and not with the rag it can lead you into trouble against trips with better kicker, so just fold Axo preflop. Already Axs needs 2-3 limpers to complete and Axo is much worse.

As played, calling flop is a must, but on the turn you don't get the needed odds and thus fold.

Regards,
      burek2000