Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $43,90
      BU:
      $178,85

1/2 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with 7:diamond: , Q:diamond:
      5 folds, BU calls $2,00, SB folds, Hero checks.

Flop: ($5,00) 2:diamond: , 9:diamond: , 7:club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $5,00, BU calls $5,00.

Turn: ($15,00) T:heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $9,00, BU raises to $42,00, Hero calls $27,90 (All-In), BU gets uncalled bet back.

River: ($88,80) 5:club: (1 players)

Final Pot: $88,80

Flop is standard imo, but how do you play turn, bet/fold? I like bet/broke, but I have quite a big stack for that...

EDIT: Should I have perhaps bet PS on the turn? Then going broke would be easy.
  • 4 replies
    • luitzen
      luitzen
      Bronze
      Let's put villain on the following hand range:

set, overpair, FD, OESD and AK.

Then you have an EV of 66%. Even if you leave out OESD your equity is at least 60%.

I think bet on the flop is allright. I don't know about the size of the bet. The pot is smaller than a preflop bet would be. I think I would bet 4/5 bbs, but I don't know whether that is right.

On the turn: did he hit something? Set or straight? Or did he put you correctly on a FD and did he bet to screw up your odds?
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      Originally posted by luitzen
      Let's put villain on the following hand range:

set, overpair, FD, OESD and AK.

Then you have an EV of 66%. Even if you leave out OESD your equity is at least 60%.

I think bet on the flop is allright. I don't know about the size of the bet. The pot is smaller than a preflop bet would be. I think I would bet 4/5 bbs, but I don't know whether that is right.

On the turn: did he hit something? Set or straight? Or did he put you correctly on a FD and did he bet to screw up your odds?
      On the flop I clearly have a monster with mid-pair, 1 OC and FD, so betting is right for sure and pot size is usually the right size and I would go also broke on the flop if I got a chance, but I'm more confused about turn...

Although I have a monster, there's only 1 street left and if I count all my outs(2 for trips, 3 for 2-pair and 9 for FD) I don't get the needed 32% equity I need. So, unless he's sometimes bluffing or raising draws I'm screwd. But my needed equity would change if I bet more on the turn. So, I'm not sure about turn.

And I cannot just tell you just whether he hit or bluffed, because then it would be just a bit too easy. :)
    • Padde
      Padde
      Bronze
      you need around 35% equity to go broke at the turn

so flushdraw + trips outs are not enough.

so you can fold it here against unknown.

(I bet: 4$ flop, 10$ turn)
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Hi,

You need 13 outs and I do not think if you hit 2pair or Trips, your hand will be good so I tend to muck this one mathematically speaking.

Although I agree with Padde to bet like $11-$10 on the Turn ;)

- Gerv