This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL200, Q7s, freeplay

• burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $43,90
      BU:
      $178,85

1/2 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with 7:diamond: , Q:diamond:
      5 folds, BU calls $2,00, SB folds, Hero checks.

Flop: ($5,00) 2:diamond: , 9:diamond: , 7:club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $5,00, BU calls $5,00.

Turn: ($15,00) T:heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $9,00, BU raises to $42,00, Hero calls $27,90 (All-In), BU gets uncalled bet back.

River: ($88,80) 5:club: (1 players)

Final Pot: $88,80

Flop is standard imo, but how do you play turn, bet/fold? I like bet/broke, but I have quite a big stack for that...

EDIT: Should I have perhaps bet PS on the turn? Then going broke would be easy.
  • 4 replies
    • luitzen
      luitzen
      Bronze
      Let's put villain on the following hand range:

set, overpair, FD, OESD and AK.

Then you have an EV of 66%. Even if you leave out OESD your equity is at least 60%.

I think bet on the flop is allright. I don't know about the size of the bet. The pot is smaller than a preflop bet would be. I think I would bet 4/5 bbs, but I don't know whether that is right.

On the turn: did he hit something? Set or straight? Or did he put you correctly on a FD and did he bet to screw up your odds?
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      Originally posted by luitzen
      Let's put villain on the following hand range:

set, overpair, FD, OESD and AK.

Then you have an EV of 66%. Even if you leave out OESD your equity is at least 60%.

I think bet on the flop is allright. I don't know about the size of the bet. The pot is smaller than a preflop bet would be. I think I would bet 4/5 bbs, but I don't know whether that is right.

On the turn: did he hit something? Set or straight? Or did he put you correctly on a FD and did he bet to screw up your odds?
      On the flop I clearly have a monster with mid-pair, 1 OC and FD, so betting is right for sure and pot size is usually the right size and I would go also broke on the flop if I got a chance, but I'm more confused about turn...

Although I have a monster, there's only 1 street left and if I count all my outs(2 for trips, 3 for 2-pair and 9 for FD) I don't get the needed 32% equity I need. So, unless he's sometimes bluffing or raising draws I'm screwd. But my needed equity would change if I bet more on the turn. So, I'm not sure about turn.

And I cannot just tell you just whether he hit or bluffed, because then it would be just a bit too easy. :)
    • Padde
      Padde
      Bronze
      you need around 35% equity to go broke at the turn

so flushdraw + trips outs are not enough.

so you can fold it here against unknown.

(I bet: 4$ flop, 10$ turn)
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Hi,

You need 13 outs and I do not think if you hit 2pair or Trips, your hand will be good so I tend to muck this one mathematically speaking.

Although I agree with Padde to bet like $11-$10 on the Turn ;)

- Gerv