This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Can the "Show Folded Cards" option be a reason for tilting?

• numpaf
      numpaf
      Bronze
      I'm playing Fixed Limit on Mansion and I think I have a problem. You know that the multitabling on iPoker is a little bit hard due to bad software (can't resize windows). I have checked the "Show Folded Cards" option to see where I don't have to make any more decisions. However, I often find myself analysing my outs even though I haven't stayed in the hand.

For example I fold a small pocket pair preflop and then flop the set. Or I fold K7o and the flop comes KK7. Flushdraws and straightdraws which would have completed to the river if I have played, etc.

I know I played it well but still feel disappointed and I start playing more loose - open raising one position earlier, overlimping, cold calling raises and so on. So anyone else with a similar problem? Do you check the option to see your folded cards? :)
  • 4 replies
    • dadude77
      dadude77
      Bronze
      I know it can be quite frustrating. But you have to know and have confidence in your play. You know you made a good fold. And I think that's how profit is made in poker. Good folding.

If it really bothers you it might be better to turn it off. But I think it is important to learn that just because you might have won that particular hand. It would be -ev in the long run!
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      Hello!

There is a line in an article that says:

You shouldn't care if you folded cards that would make a good hand on the board. You should care if you lose money for not folding them and not making a good hand ;) .

Regards,

Primzi
    • dadude77
      dadude77
      Bronze
      Good quote if you ask me :)
    • numpaf
      numpaf
      Bronze
      Hey, guys! Thanks for the answers :) . I turned it off in my last session and I didn't have problems multitabling, so I think I will leave it this way.