Can the "Show Folded Cards" option be a reason for tilting?

• numpaf
      numpaf
      Bronze
      I'm playing Fixed Limit on Mansion and I think I have a problem. You know that the multitabling on iPoker is a little bit hard due to bad software (can't resize windows). I have checked the "Show Folded Cards" option to see where I don't have to make any more decisions. However, I often find myself analysing my outs even though I haven't stayed in the hand.

For example I fold a small pocket pair preflop and then flop the set. Or I fold K7o and the flop comes KK7. Flushdraws and straightdraws which would have completed to the river if I have played, etc.

I know I played it well but still feel disappointed and I start playing more loose - open raising one position earlier, overlimping, cold calling raises and so on. So anyone else with a similar problem? Do you check the option to see your folded cards? :)
  • 4 replies
    • dadude77
      dadude77
      Bronze
      I know it can be quite frustrating. But you have to know and have confidence in your play. You know you made a good fold. And I think that's how profit is made in poker. Good folding.

If it really bothers you it might be better to turn it off. But I think it is important to learn that just because you might have won that particular hand. It would be -ev in the long run!
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      Hello!

There is a line in an article that says:

You shouldn't care if you folded cards that would make a good hand on the board. You should care if you lose money for not folding them and not making a good hand ;) .

Regards,

Primzi
    • dadude77
      dadude77
      Bronze
      Good quote if you ask me :)
    • numpaf
      numpaf
      Bronze
      Hey, guys! Thanks for the answers :) . I turned it off in my last session and I didn't have problems multitabling, so I think I will leave it this way.