Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      MP2:
      $13,15
      Hero:
      $9,70

0,05/0,1 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.62 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is CO with J:heart: , J:diamond:
      MP2 calls $0,10, MP3 folds, Hero raises to $0,45, 3 folds, MP2 calls $0,35.

Flop: ($1,05) J:spade: , 2:club: , 4:diamond: (2 players)
      MP2 bets $0,50, Hero calls $0,50.

Turn: ($2,05) 3:club: (2 players)
      MP2 bets $1,40, Hero calls $1,40.

River: ($4,85) 9:club: (2 players)
      MP2 bets $3,20, Hero calls $3,20.

Final Pot: $11,25

raise turn right? I was scared on the river and just call.
  • 2 replies
    • maya1984
      maya1984
      Bronze
      Raise it up on the turn, you want to get value from hand + you need to protect as the board become wet with the 3 :club: .
      I don't see him hitting a BDF and we can't put him on A5 or 56 cause we wouldn't play these types of hands like he did. So according to this analysis we have the best hand here and we should shove the river for max value.
      As an advice- try to put your opponent on a range of hands, it will help deciding your best move. (I putting him on pocket 2 or pocket 4 here, Am I right? )
    • Michailewic
      Michailewic
      Bronze
      I might minraise his bet on the flop (and call if raised). He might interpret you minraise as a weakness. He is agressive quite enough :D

Turn: If you call, you can get value from another bet on the river from this aggro. If you raise, he will usually fold. But the board is not nice. Therefore, I would raise him on the turn. And by raising, I can put him all-in on the river (no matter what hits; maybe I would just check behind if 5 hits but still I would have to call).

River: club is better than ace or five :D
      I would likely just call (folding is out of question). If you know he is calling his two pair+ on such a board, you might make a tiny value raise. Should you have raised the turn, you would have had easier decision. As maya1984, you must put your opponent on a range. But also, If you want to bet (raise), you must ask yourself which worse hands will call your raise because you represent a very strong hand with your raise on flush possible board.

I do not think that he had 22 or 44. He would not likely donk the flop. Very aggressive opponents start to be less aggressive with their monster hands. I would expect him to c/c the flop and c/r or donking the turn with 22 or 44.

But I am interested in what he had :D