FTP race to main Event question

• Dykiller
      Dykiller
      Bronze
      So I manage to collect 3000 FTP Points in a week and I received an entry to the weekly tourney that give first 8 place a WSOP Main Event seat. There is about 600 entrant every week.

Can an admin tell me at how much rake would I be losing by participating in this event? (note that the entry is marked as a restrited FREEROLL with a price pool of 80,000$)

Thank you
  • 4 replies
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Hi Dykiller,

Whilst I'm not an Admin, not entirely sure they would be able to confirm this to you either to be honest.

Your best bet is to contact Full Tilt's own customer support and ask. Usually as your probably aware, it's the total added value, divided by the number of players, but might be different for these promotional events.

I'll move this into the Full Tilt thread, whether other regular players may have encountered or found an answer already.

Please do post the response from Full Tilt so that other members can also be aware.

Best regards,

Bart
    • Dykiller
      Dykiller
      Bronze
      I will contact them.

I hope it isnt that way you said or I would be looking at 134$ of rakeback loss.

I will get back to you guys with a response.
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Dykiller
      I will contact them.

I hope it isnt that way you said or I would be looking at 134$ of rakeback loss.

I will get back to you guys with a response.

Yeah, too right.

As it's a special promo and you earnt the ftp points (i.e. already gave them rake), I would have hoped that this freeroll wouldn't have any effect on your RB. But this is just a guess, best to check with them directly to avoid a massive hit.

Fingers crossed for you :P

Bart
    • Dykiller
      Dykiller
      Bronze
      Ok so here is the reply I got from FTP. From what I understand it would cost 80,000$ divided by the # of player in the tourney. So if there is 600 entrant like I estimate, we are talking at about 134$ in rake lost for tourney participation.

Thank you for contacting Full Tilt Poker Support.

Receiving rakeback is the most profitable bonus offer available to a poker player.

For accounts that are not linked to a rakeback affiliate, the player will not be aware of any deductions, as they are covered by Full Tilt Poker.

However, if a player is linked to an affiliate, the affiliate will receive a commission for the net revenue this player contributes.

As a part of the calculation of the net revenue, deductions are made for any costs incurred for the player that would normally be covered by Full Tilt Poker.

Net revenue is calculated as follows:

Rake + Juice – Bonus – Player Added – Used Points – Players fees = Net Revenue

Rake - money earned while playing in ring games
      Juice - fees a player pays when joining a tournament
      Bonus – bonuses a player earns such as a deposit bonus
      Player Added – money we have to add to tournaments (guarantees and freerolls). For example, if there is a $10,000 guarantee tournament and we only get enough buy ins for $9,000, we split the remaining $1,000 by the players in the tournament. This amount gets added to the player added column.
      Used Points – Full Tilt Points players use on the site or in the store
      Player Fees – Transaction fees when players deposit money onto, or withdraw money from the site. Please note that the amount deducted for this post is between the Full Tilt Poker and the affiliate.

If you were unaware of these deductions we would like to remind you that rakeback is offered solely through affiliation.

Your affiliate is responsible for any information you may, or may not have received regarding the terms of your rakeback deal.

For more information on the details of rakeback deductions, we would kindly ask that you contact your affiliate.

Regards,

Rafael
      Full Tilt Poker Support