Icm

• cyzo
      cyzo
      Bronze
      When I put the same situation into three different ICM calulators, I get three different results (ICM Trainer, sng Wizard, and HoldemResources.net).

Situation:

CO: 2000 chips
      BU: 2000 chips
      SB: 2000 chips
      BB: 12000 chips

Since they have this feature, the sng wizard and holdemresources.net tools were told that the payout structure was .5, .3, .2

ICM trainer CO push: 17.9% 22+, A7s+, A4s, A5s, ATo+, K9s+...
      sng wizrd CO push: 19.0% 33+, A2s+, A7o+, KJs+...
      holdemresources.net CO push: 15.2% 88+, A2s+, ATo+, K9s+...

Which of these three, if any, follows the optimal strategy? These differences are significant enough to make a difference in ROI. How am I to make the correct play?
  • 3 replies
    • NickParkes
      NickParkes
      Bronze
      Firstly what are the blinds?

Secondly there is too much other information missing to explain the differences... basically the differences come down to hero's edge and oppositions calling ranges... I don't know about HEresources but I do know that ICM trainer uses the equilibrium model which basically puts villains on optimal calling ranges and SNG wiz you have to manually adjust the ranges...

In a real game situation your pushing range from CO or BU or SB can vary from game to game depending on your opponents...
    • cyzo
      cyzo
      Bronze
      100/200 with no ante
      All three of these claim to approximate the Nash equilibria with ficticious play.
    • LuborC
      LuborC
      Bronze
      I don't know about holdemresources.net. The range seems to be a bit too tight especially not pushing more pockets..

ICM trainer uses Nash when hero's edge is set to 0. The default setting is 3% and you obviously get a bit different ranges then..
      SNG wizard doesn't even claim to use Nash as far as I know. It has 3 different sets of default ranges. Neither of those are very good IMO. The reason why SNG wizard is such a great tool is that it allows you to give villain certain range and then have the software calculate what your optimal range is.