Party poker hand history + Elephant

• RockEye
      RockEye
      Bronze
      Hey!

Party poker deletes hand history's when they are more then 365 days old or exceed 100MB size limit. I guess this happened to me. Ok i had hands imported into Elephant, but i had to repair my disk using check disk and fixboot commands, because win xp didn't want to start, i guess boot config was corrupted.
      When this happened my postgres installation got corrupted and elephant database with it.
      So i made a new postgres user and new database and started importing hands from party poker folder. But i got around 100k hands in there but now there are only 17k, from the last two months.

Ok i guess i lost em, no biggy. But how do i prevent this from happening again.
      Does party poker has some archive options, i checked everywhere but no option like that. Do i have to make a monthly database backups in elephant?
      How do you guys do it?
  • 4 replies
    • Tim64
      Tim64
      Black
      That's a bit annoying.

I checked on PP too and you're right that it deletes after 100MB or 365 days and it won't let you increase these options.

My only suggestion is for you to save a duplicate of the hand history folder to another location (separate hard drive or elsewhere on your hard disk) on a periodic basis.

PP can only delete the files because you've linked PP to that folder on your computer. So if you copy to somewhere else you should be ok as PP won't have a link to it.

I usually back up my PP hand history folder to external harddrive every couple of months or so.

Good luck!
      Tim
    • RockEye
      RockEye
      Bronze
      Well Elephant has an option to export hh files as backup. I think it's better then copying PP hand historys.
    • chuongdk
      chuongdk
      Bronze
      I use PT3, it auto remove hands to its directory
    • thunderbird56
      thunderbird56
      Bronze
      Originally posted by chuongdk
      I use PT3, it auto remove hands to its directory
      Both PT3 and Elephant can auto-import hands. The problem here is that OPs database got broken and he wished to restore it. It is nothing about using PT3 or Elephant . ^^