Is this possible?

• MrPavlos
      MrPavlos
      Global
      Hi folks,i have opened,cant even remember when,an account. I have never deposited money and only played there once with play money,can i request to close this account to open a new one?
  • 18 replies
    • TheBu11d0g
      TheBu11d0g
      Bronze
      Hello MrPavlos,

The best piece of advice i can give you is to contact Full Tilt Support and ask their advice. the e-mail address is accountinfo@fulltiltpoker.com.

I know Full Tilt can be pretty stubborn about closing an old account and opening a new one but as it was only a play money account that has hardly been used, you may be lucky.

Kind Regards
      -Steve
    • chuongdk
      chuongdk
      Bronze
      if you didn't put your real info (full name, address, phone number,...) into that play account I don't think they can know if you open new account with new email
    • SheepMoose
      SheepMoose
      Bronze
      I'm in the same boat as you. I had a play money account which I had to close and now would like to open another account.
    • Faye6891
      Faye6891
      Bronze
      Like Bulldog said, you're better off contacting FTP support.

But, answering your question, although I've heard of a lot of players who weren't able to do so, I managed to close my old play money account and open a new one, just contact FTP and cross your fingers, maybe you get lucky like I did. :f_biggrin:
    • TornAces
      TornAces
      Global
      This is possible.
      The main way FTP keeps track of duplicate accounts is via the email ad you used to set up the account AND via card details ( you cannot register one card to two accounts )
      So, I am guessing you never registered a credit card to the site as you only played with play money SO

When you click on your FTP icon on your desk top you are given the option of either logging in or create new account so ou can either do one of 3 things:

If you have another email ad, then just click create account and make up a new account using the different email ad.
      OR you can open up an email adress with hotmail or live and use this email if you have not got more than one OR if you wish to keep your original email address ( maybe because of NETELLER etc ) then log into your old account and click on change email ad. and change it to either the second email ad you have... or have just set up.. you will be sent a confirmation email which you hav to click on the link.

This will enable you to open another account AND use your original email address again....

..... Hope this has helped, I know this works as I did it 3 days ago :)

Just remember you will have to change your nick tho, even if it is only slightly !!
    • MrPavlos
      MrPavlos
      Global
      Thx a lot TornAces,i will propably do it the way u suggest.
      Thx for putting the effort to write this post :f_biggrin:

Cheers
    • thunderbird56
      thunderbird56
      Bronze
      Hi TornAces,

I understand your wish to help MrPavlos openning a new account. However, what you mentioned above is not recommended, and in fact that will put your account at risk. Please note that poker rooms do not depends on personal data you registered only to detect multiple accounts. Whenever you sign up / log in, some certain information of your computer is recorded and some security files will be placed on your computer as well (this is to detect fraud./ double accounts, etc.). Therefore they will later or sooner detect that you hold more than one account and this may cause you some problems.

In the end, you definitely should contact the pokerroom if you wish to close an existing account and open a new one. Otherwise you may face trouble in the future.

Kind Regards,
      thunder
    • TornAces
      TornAces
      Global
      As long as he has not used the other account to play real money then there is not an issue.
      It is accounts with an active real money account which are tracked and traced eg IP trackers etc.
    • thunderbird56
      thunderbird56
      Bronze
      Originally posted by TornAces
      As long as he has not used the other account to play real money then there is not an issue.
      It is accounts with an active real money account which are tracked and traced eg IP trackers etc.
      Anyways, there is no way better than contacting the poker room and ask it to be done in an official way.
    • Jonaton
      Jonaton
      Bronze
      This is bad advice do not listen to it.
    • TheBu11d0g
      TheBu11d0g
      Bronze
      Hello TornAces,

We recommend that members do not try to open more than one account on any Poker Platform as it is against their respective TOCs, which is why we recommend users to contact the site direct and ask their advice so everything is above board.

As such we would prefer members to not offer ways of getting around this as it could lead to the OPs account(s) and monies being frozen if it is found they have multiple accounts.

I hope for your understanding in this matter.

Kind Regards,
      -Steve
    • Faye6891
      Faye6891
      Bronze
      As the moderators pointed out, it's NOT recommended to do something like what TornAces mentioned, although I know he's only trying to help.

But here's what I did:

I opened a second play money account (using a different e-mail address and Screen name), BEFORE depositing any money I e-mailed FTP support requesting the closure of my old account and explained why I was doing it (I wanted to play for real money in account tracked to PokerStrategy, but wanted to avoid any future problems by closing the old account first).

They did close my old play money account and only then I deposited money in the new account tracked to PS.

Please notice that in any moment I tried to work around their security measures and I really do NOT recommend it. You can end up losing money and being banned from the poker room. (And it's a pretty good one IMO)

Now, this may or may not work, although it worked for me on FTP, it didn't on PokerStars. I can only wish you good luck.
    • rhinoneil
      rhinoneil
      Silver
      Faye I did exactly the same as you did and FT closed my new account and insisted I play on my old untracked play money account even offered to put me on a list to join some other affiliate than PS in the future to earn rakeback. so I say fk them, get your account opened however you can.
    • TornAces
      TornAces
      Global
      FT are a bunch of tossers and no matter how many of you say the method I propose is "wrong" or "bad advice" I am happily running an account after using this method, as are about 12 of my friends.

IF FT were to ever ask the question you just tell them that you forgot all the details of the original account, never used it for real money anyway so just opened up another account.
      I have even personally spoken with FT staff and told them what I did and they have given the thumbs up....
    • kingdippy2008
      kingdippy2008
      Bronze
      FT are a bunch of tossers and no matter how many of you say the method I propose is "wrong" or "bad advice" I am happily running an account after using this method, as are about 12 of my friends.

IF FT were to ever ask the question you just tell them that you forgot all the details of the original account, never used it for real money anyway so just opened up another account.
      I have even personally spoken with FT staff and told them what I did and they have given the thumbs up....
      Im a bot :D ,

But my best advice would be to contact FTP support and see what you can do ;) You dont want find that you have opened a new account, and then they close it because of your old one.

And believe Bulld0g because he was in that situation :)

-Jack
    • MrPavlos
      MrPavlos
      Global
      Guys TornAces is actually right this is from Fulltilt support
      Hello Paul,

Hello Paul, Thank you for contacting Full Tilt Poker Support. With regards to your most recent inquiry after reviewing your account, 1 noticed that your account is currently closed and your active email is still registered to your closed account. We'll need to release this email from your closed account and it may take up to 48 hours. You can also choose any player ID you prefer to use and players must always use thier real name when registering a Full Tilt Poker account. We can assist you with releasing your email address so you can register it to your new account, but to do so we'll need your help. For security reasons, only the account owner may change their email address. For the next 48 hours you will have restricted access to your old account, MrGeros. To release your email address, log in to your old account and complete the following six steps: 1) In the "Account" menu, select "Change Email Address". 2) Enter a different email address, and click "OK". 3) Create you new Full Tilt Poker account. 4) Enter your desired email address, and click "OK". 5) Check your email inbox for your new validation code. When you receive your validation code email, follow these four steps to complete the process: 1) Log in to your active Full Tilt Poker account. 2) Select the "Account" menu. 3) Select "Validate Email Address". 4) Enter your validation code in the space provided. Your closed account will be accessible until 05/30/2009 19:00 ET, when it will be permanently closed. If you have questions, please feel free to contact us. We're always here to help. Regards, Adebanjo Full Tilt Poker Support
    • TornAces
      TornAces
      Global
      Good luck MrPavlos, maybe I will see you about :)
      My FT nickname is THELASTNAIL... see ya there !!
    • Faye6891
      Faye6891
      Bronze
      Originally posted by rhinoneil
      Faye I did exactly the same as you did and FT closed my new account and insisted I play on my old untracked play money account even offered to put me on a list to join some other affiliate than PS in the future to earn rakeback. so I say fk them, get your account opened however you can.
      That's the same thing that happenned to me on Pokerstars.

I just didn't want to risk having thousands of dollars frozen because of multiple accounts, that's why I kept FTP support in the loop.