This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

the heartbreaker

• monkey0nfire
      monkey0nfire
      Bronze
      ok..ok i know ill get shot to pieces with regards to by BRM.. but hey im gonna tell the story neways :)

my BRM was just over $110 on partypoker...and i decided to throw my arm at the NL 11 (10+1?) tournament that had sum K guaranteed payout..with 350 entries and top 40 payout.

Doing quite well in (about 55 left)... i was dealt this hand... mebe i played it wrong.. sure.. but it happened nonetheless (!ps!: sorry 4 the layout i have no software for tourney hands atm.)

Blinds 300/600

and the player involved:

MP2[Hero] 32k
      CO 38k
      SB ~18k
      with assorted players making a near full FR table.

Hero dealt TdTc

Hero open raise to 1500
      CO calls
      SB raises to 4000
      Hero, CO call

FLOP (12.6K) : Th Jc Ts

smugly i looked at this and freely said... im not gonna lose this pot.. so how to win some chips!!.. check..all the way round (kinda expected a push or something from SB).

TURN (12.6K): Js

still happy i check...all round again

RIVER (12.6K): Qd

now the fun begins

i throw in a 6K bet, min raise by CO to 12K and a push to ~14K by SB.
      I duly tank... and push it all-in.. with a sweet sweet call from the CO!! woohoo a big pot to me right...?

(not in order shown but its more dramatic this way :) )

Hero shows TdTc = 4 ofakind Tens

SB shows AdKs = straight Ten to Ace

CO shows JdJh = 4 of a kind Jacks....!!!!!!!!!! AHHHHH!!!!!!!!

Words could not express how shocked and pissed i was...dam it!!!
      haha well i had a good run and the guys who took down that pot made good use of the chips and managed a 3rd place... there were a few sympathy notes at the table of this hand.. but yeh i couldnt think much other than WHY~~~~!

52nd place got me that o so close taste of tourney winnings!
      All i now know is i gotta respect BRM now on .. and i guess this was a way of the BRM gods giving me a royal bite in the arse for not abiding by it!
      back to the NL10 cashies for me!!!

:f_biggrin:
  • 4 replies