Newbie questions about "starting platform" and "starting capital"

• AstecaBR
      AstecaBR
      Bronze
      First of all, hello everybody.

It's so good to see how everybody here helps the new players, the support from the "PS Team" and from another users is great! Thanks!

My questions are:

1) Reading some threads here... and some posts in other forums, I noticed that some people say PartyPoker is not a good platform to beginners... I mean, ppl say that it is hard to get the entire bonus capital there, these things. Is that true? I know, make poker profitable depends on dedication, knowledge and will, but is that true, that PartyPoker is "harder than other poker platforms"?

If so...

2) When I passed the quiz, I was asked to chose one poker platform, to receive my starting capital. Following the PS suggestion, I selected PartyPoker, but because of these things I read, I'm no longer "secure" to stay in PartyPoker. I did my quiz on saturday, and didn't received my starting capital yet. It's O.K., because of the 4 days "delay". Is there any way to change the platform?

I'm not really sure to change, I'm just asking if there is a way to do that, so I will meditate, and think if this is what I rly want.

If you guys can say me some words, about the PartyPoker platform... it will be helpful :D

Again, ty for this space, for us, beginners, to ask, solve our doubts, and integrate with the ppl.

Hugs!

Rafael.
  • 11 replies
    • dadude77
      dadude77
      Bronze
      It depends what you want to play. If you want to play No limit SSS, I've heard the tables are overrun with other shortstackers, so that might not be a good place.

For SnG's and limit I can't say I know unfortunately.

If you want to try to change your platform send a ticket to help here and hopefully it won't be too late for you!

Good luck and hope to see you around the forums soon! :)
    • AstecaBR
      AstecaBR
      Bronze
      I see...

If anyone has any advice about play limit tables at PartyPoker... =]

Ty!
    • darkonebg
      darkonebg
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Originally posted by AstecaBR
      I see...

Ty!
      Be sure to read these:
      http://www.pokerstrategy.com/strategy/fixed-limit/#basic

They are all you need to be a winning player.
    • AstecaBR
      AstecaBR
      Bronze
      Originally posted by darkonebg
      Originally posted by AstecaBR
      I see...

Ty!
      Be sure to read these:
      http://www.pokerstrategy.com/strategy/fixed-limit/#basic

They are all you need to be a winning player.
      Ty for the link, I will read all the articles again to feel more secure.

But what I read, in forums and lots of places on the web, is that "fixed limit hold'em tables are not profitable", "there is no action in these tables" and etc...

I selected the "fixed limit" to start my "carrer", because it looks like more "secure", looks like there is less "risk" in fixed limit (and looks like it is less profitable too... btw, the chicken eats 1 grain per time ^^)

So, I think about how "secure", how "good" is to start in Limit tables... And if anyone here plays at PartyPoker... how is to play there, etc.

Ty dude, for the reply.
    • drys066
      drys066
      Bronze
      Forget party Poker. Stick to platforms like pokerstars,fulltilt, carbon.etc..
    • straddler71
      straddler71
      Global
      Astecabr

Its been months since I last played limit at partypoker. But when I was there playing I really didn't like it at all. Even at the lowest limits it seemed like a bunch of grinders down there. Although it is still possible to make money there you could have a better winrate at another site.

If you can switch platforms I would go with pokerstars. Lots of tables to choose from and the action is very fishy.

regards,

matt.
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      Hello AstecaBR and welcome to the site!

I'll try to help you with some of your decisions :)

First off I think Fixed Limit is a good format to start off with. Not only do we have an active and interesting Fixed Limit community - but the general level of low-stakes FL players is also really bad. So not only is it a good place to build a bankroll but you are also introduced to all of the important concepts of poker (since as a Fixed Limit player - you build a solid theoretical foundation on topics like ranges / odds & outs / and reasons for betting/checking/folding, etc.)

On the topic of starting page: Our support sent you an ID check e-mail requesting you to send your ID to security@pokerstrategy.com - so since they are still waiting on that - you could theoretically still change your choice in starting site by contacting them via the ticket system: http://www.pokerstrategy.com/home/support/

PartyPoker is just fine for playing FL and I don't see anything wrong with sticking to it. Other good alternatives would be an iPoker site such as Mansion or Titan (also good assortment of lowstakes FL tables and fishies) or Full Tilt / PokerStars. Its really up to you - but since you can also move your bankroll at a later point in time (http://www.pokerstrategy.com/online-poker-rooms/) you are not making a 'mistake' by deciding on any of those sites. Your main aim at the beginning is to learn and get better & all those sites are good places to do that at.

Best regards
      SoyCD
    • AstecaBR
      AstecaBR
      Bronze
      Thank you SoyCD, for the answer.

I checked my mailbox, and didn't receive any "ID check requesting" email, but I will send it anyway, as soon as I get a copy of my ID.

I really want to change the platform... I understand when you say that my "main aim", at the beginning, is to learn, to improve my game, etc... but I think I will feel less insecure, by changing the platform, because of my "formed" perspective about the "scenario" in PartyPoker.

I don't have anything against that platform, I really think that the PokerStrategy advice, on the "select room" page, is 'well founded' (is that right? Sry, my english is not that good). But I rly feel that PP is not for me now... maybe later.

I already sent a ticket, with the new informations about the new poker room (Full Tilt).

Ty one more time, for the patience, and the help.

I hope one day, when I become a more graduated "student" here in this "school", I can help other beginners, to start their career :D

Hugs!

Rafael.
    • dadude77
      dadude77
      Bronze
      AstecaBR,

There should be no problem with you changing pokerrooms, it is completely up to you :) .

I hope to watch you become an active member around the forums so you one day can help other beginners!

dadude77
    • AstecaBR
      AstecaBR
      Bronze
      Hi once again!

Well, looks it's all fine with my register, since I'm already "bronze".

My starting capital still didn't appear in my poker platform, FullTilt. But I think it's matter of time, maybe some delay in FullTilt system, or maybe I'm in some sort of "Transfer waiting list".

In any way, thanks a lot, now I can acess more articles and videos, and improve my gameplay, while I wait for the cash.

Thanks!

Rafael.
    • AstecaBR
      AstecaBR
      Bronze
      Nevermind, I just received my starting capital =]

But before I start to play (actually, the right term is "lose") that 50 dollars, I will read all the bronze articles, and all the material I find, to improve my game.

Thx once again!

Rafael.