[NL2-NL10] NL200 Freeplay line vs Unknown Fish.

• DaPhunk
      DaPhunk
      Bronze
      Party Poker $200.00 No Limit Hold'em - 7 players
      The Official DeucesCracked.com Hand History Converter

MP: $288.48
      CO: $207.20
      BTN: $44.05
      SB: $279.65
      Hero (BB): $40.00
      UTG: $132.10
      UTG+1: $54.28

Pre Flop: ($3.00) Hero is BB with A :spade: 3 :club:
      2 folds, MP calls $2, 3 folds, Hero checks

Flop: ($5.00) K :diamond: J :spade: 7 :heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP checks

Turn: ($5.00) A :heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP bets $4.75, Hero calls $4.75

River: ($14.50) 9 :club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP checks

I only have 18 hands on villain but he's 69/25.

Imo, Possible Lines;

Turn; B/F or C/C?

River; B/F, C/C or C/F?

At the time I thought it was a good idea to play Way Ahead/ Way Behind. Villain raising 25% Pre made me think he could raise some junk for me to call against and I didn't want to be forced to fold the best hand if he decided to 2bet me with ATC on turn, like i thought he was easily capable of doing.

In retrospect I'm wondering if C/C turn, B/F river would have been a far better line.
  • 5 replies
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      Heya DaPhunk,

I would play c/c turn and c/f river. Or if he checks turn behind I'm bet/folding river.

P.S.: Go play NL100- so I can evaluate your hands. :f_p:

Regards,
      burek2000 :f_grin:
    • DaPhunk
      DaPhunk
      Bronze
      Originally posted by burek2000
      Heya DaPhunk,

I would play c/c turn and c/f river. Or if he checks turn behind I'm bet/folding river.

P.S.: Go play NL100- so I can evaluate your hands. :f_p:

Regards,
      burek2000 :f_grin:
      This is exactly the line that felt correct at the time, Think i need more reads to know if he'll bet river with Kx or Jx.

The reason I think of B/Fing river though, is that I don't think this guy could put down a Kx or Jx to a 1/2potsize bet. Maybe a minivaluebet, but will still only raise it on the river with a better hand. He's a tad showdown bound If i remember correctly.

I'll try n post some NL100 hands ;) Due to the fact that there arn't really any higher limit playing judges about I think I'm fine with you or Gerv marking my NL200 or NL400 hands as judged even though (to my knowledge) neither of you play $2/4 yet.

Actually, maybe i should post some hands in either the Diamond forum on the english site or the Higher limit SSS forums on the German site with a request for English Feedback...?
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      I like the idea of a small river bet, he probably won't fold a Kx or Jx and if he raises you know you're beat, but this way you also lose to better Ax kind of hands, so the question is does he hold Jx/Kx more often than A3+.

And to your question, I'll ask ysessa or Ingol to have a look at your hands, so there's no need for you to post elsewhere. They usually come to have a look on the forum now and then, but now they were not around for a while. :)
    • DaPhunk
      DaPhunk
      Bronze
      Sweet. Cheers Burek!

As you say, Frequency of Kx and Jx hands he holds is the issue here. I feel like he more often has Kx or Jx than Ax due to his loose nature but I think its still close.

I think thin-valuebets in SSS could be something really worth looking into. Incorporating minibets into my game so that I get a little extra out of Villains. Could make a nice difference in the long run I feel.
    • ysessa
      ysessa
      Basic
      i definitly donk the river something like 8,5$ to induce loose calls c/c is no option for me because he will cb many middle pairs.