This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] AK behind or in front?

• axler8
      axler8
      Bronze
      hi, just posting my first hand here, so applogies for the format, having some problems figuring it out. so as you can see i had AK with a gut shot on the flop, which was beaten in the end by pocket 10s. any advice would help, I am trying to play SSS, but on NL50 you have to quite aggressive i have found. cheers!

vp$ip BBvsSteal ORL RaisePreflop
      Position: Stack
      AF W$SD WTS hands
      29 - 100 10
      CO: $30,30
      1,0 40 63 31

0,25/0,5 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.65 by http://www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is UTG1 with A, K (Comment)
      Hero raises to $2,00, 4 folds, CO calls $2,00, 3 folds.

Flop: ($4,75) 4, 3, 5 (2 players) (Comment)
      Hero bets $3,00, CO raises to $19,00, Hero calls $8,50 (All-In), CO gets uncalled bet back.

Turn: ($27,75) 3 (Comment)
      River: ($27,75) T (2 players) (Comment)

Final Pot: $27,75

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows a pair of threes (Ad Kh)
      CO shows a full-house, tens full of threes (Tc Td)

CO wins with a full-house, tens full of threes (Tc Td)
  • 3 replies
    • dandycal
      dandycal
      Bronze
      I would call here. Villain has probably got an overpair or Ax, a set is possible but unlikely. Against 22+, AQ+ you have 38% chance of winning, which is good enough given your pot odds.
    • axler8
      axler8
      Bronze
      ok, thanks for the post, thought i was ahead. thanks!
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Heya Axler :s_cool: welcome,

Could you use the Elephant Button pressing Forum instaed of copy paste the text since the converter uses bb codes like ( :_c ) to apply suits in the hand for example ;)

You got like 9 or 10 outs at most and with 2.15:1 you need 8 outs to be profitable so I would shove this one if there aren't any flushdraws out there against you

- Gerv