Omaha H/L - AA24

• SalamiandCheese
      SalamiandCheese
      Bronze
      Full Tilt Poker $0.10/$0.20 Limit Omaha Hi/Lo - 7 players

Pre Flop: (1.5 SB) Hero is SB with 4 :heart: A :diamond: A :spade: 2 :club:
      4 folds, BTN calls, Hero raises, BB calls, BTN calls

Flop: (6 SB) 5 :spade: 3 :heart: 8 :club: (3 players)
      Hero bets, BB raises, BTN folds, Hero 3-bets, BB calls

Turn: (6 BB) 3 :diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets, BB raises, Hero calls

River: (10 BB) 6 :club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BB bets, Hero raises, BB calls
  • 8 replies
    • Jim9137
      Jim9137
      Bronze
      Well played, you are most definitely a favorite on the flop, more often than not preflop, and you could even consider capping turn. This hand plays itself. :f_love:
    • OrcaAoc
      OrcaAoc
      Gold
      I think capping the turn is pretty bad if villian isnt an absolute fish. His line looks so much like he has a trey at minimum.
    • Jim9137
      Jim9137
      Bronze
      It doesn't matter if villain has a trey or not, since hero has aces. He can hit his two outs and still scoop the low along with the high; and it can't be forgotten that villain could be betting out with a low + straight draw, or anything along those lines. I don't think, unless villain has A23, that there are any cards on the river that hero should be afraid of. The only question is whether BB will call a cap.
    • OrcaAoc
      OrcaAoc
      Gold
      I disagree, first Hero doesnt have two outs for Aces all that often because villian will have an Ace himself pretty frequently. Your second point looks pretty unlikely to me since the betting doesnt indicate that villian got a straight draw without a trey - it doesnt make too much sense that villian shuts down on the flop with a hand like this and then raising the turn when the board pairs. I know fishes play weird lines so its far from impossible but still thats not the Hand villian will have here too often.

So if you think about what villians range is it will consist mostly of hands like Nutlow + trey, straight draw + trey, full house. Even if you put some more unlikely hands in you are behind against that range.
      To make it worse if you are behind villian will always cap the turn, if you are ahead villian is pretty unlikely to cap so just one more Bet will go in.
      That means the 66% rule pretty much applies here. To me it seems way to optimistic to think we are 66% ahead on the turn here after getting raised.
    • Jim9137
      Jim9137
      Bronze
      True, hero probably isn't that far ahead. Maybe this hand isn't so straightforward after all. :f_frown:
    • 8412king
      8412king
      Black
      I think you can cap. It is very unlikely villian has both the nut low and a boat. If he has a three or the nut low you have big chance to draw him out these hands on river with a wheel or freerolling nut low.
    • canbom
      canbom
      Bronze
      lol you should be capping this hand every time at every oppurtunity. The pecentage that you will get 3/4ed here is so, so low. <1% imo.
    • SalamiandCheese
      SalamiandCheese
      Bronze
      I'm playing around with this one on propokertools, it's interesting. Give villian 3*** I have 56% equity, give villian a 3LLL and I have 51% equity, give him any more than that I'm screwed. :P