Gear

• Gafny
      Gafny
      Bronze
      Wassup guys,
      just wondering what computer gear you're using to play online poker.

Personally I'm sitting with my small laptop, which makes it hard to multi table beyond 9 tables :s_cry:
      So I was thinking of upgrading one or two 2x inch screens hooked to a decent stationary pc, which would also allow me to play needy games =)

Any thoughts on how it would improve your game and is any1 out there "multi" screening ? xD
  • 14 replies
    • dadude77
      dadude77
      Bronze
      I'm on 13" macbook :D .

But I stack and can play 20 tables using just the laptop screen and trackpad!

stackings the way to go!
    • SheepMoose
      SheepMoose
      Bronze
      I'm on a 17" notebook. I can play a max of 12 tables on fulltilt, More than I need. :s_grin:
    • MrMardyBum
      MrMardyBum
      Bronze
      I use a 17" laptop with an extra display extended to a 21" LCD monitor for BSS and used 24 stacked tables on just the laptop screen for SSS.
    • dadude77
      dadude77
      Bronze
      you sticking with SSS? :)
    • Vargan
      Vargan
      Bronze
      I play on a 24" screen. :f_love:
    • SheepMoose
      SheepMoose
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Vargan
      I play on a 24" screen. :f_love:
      How many tables do you play at once? :f_o:
    • Vargan
      Vargan
      Bronze
      Originally posted by SheepMoose
      How many tables do you play at once? :f_o:
      I play 6 tables shorthand cashgames.

Its not about playing the biggest ammout of tables, but playing the right ammount comfortably. Too many tables will always be roboplay.
    • andyb43
      andyb43
      Bronze
      17" laptop..................with a 27" samsung monitor..........Suck it :s_biggrin:
    • SheepMoose
      SheepMoose
      Bronze
      Originally posted by andyb43
      17" laptop..................with a 27" samsung monitor..........Suck it :s_biggrin:
      may I have your street address and the aprox. time that you will be out of the house? :s_wink:
    • rhinoneil
      rhinoneil
      Gold
      How do you avoid clicking on the wrong screen when stacking?
    • degre
      degre
      Bronze
      Mid Tower with a 20" Samsung screen (BW206).

I play 9 FR NL tables.
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      I thnk its a samsung 22" widescreen, I 5-table at ipoker
    • MrMardyBum
      MrMardyBum
      Bronze
      Originally posted by dadude77
      you sticking with SSS? :)
      Um, it's kinda drawing me back in to be honest... And I am back to taking short stabs at it.... Another reason for suspending my blogs like ;)
    • MrMardyBum
      MrMardyBum
      Bronze
      Originally posted by rhinoneil
      How do you avoid clicking on the wrong screen when stacking?
      Only one table will be at the the foremost part of your screen at once. And when you have acted on that table the next one that requires your attention pings up. When you get to know the SSS a little better you can almost instantly look at your hand and make your decision.
      Whether it be fold, or raise. You fold a lot in SSS, and you rarely have a hard decision if you are playing straight to the strategy. However you find that over time if you have a leak or a swing, instead of it taking a bit of your bankroll, you multiply that by 24 just so you see the downsides too ;) .... Not saying that each hand isn't different, but as we know, you get bad days where you are losing all 50/50's or finding oponents on overpairs etc.

When you look back to the table say you've seen a flop, a quick check on the position, then the pot, then a peek at opponents main stats (on the HUD) and your decision is made within the strategy. And if it's not... You note the hand, and then you research it. See if other players do something a little different from the strategy, or if they experianced this, and it is part of the strategy they will generally tell ya the article you need to read to correct it.
      Also, when you click back to the table, a quick glance at the table HUD will tell you who won what what pots, if you are in the blinds or acting on a table where it's your first decision in the hand, then a quick check of this is usually beneficial. Shows you what hands you won with also if your were away from the table when the last decision was made.

So yeah when your decision is already made, then your responses get faster with each growing situation you face.
      Therefore enabling you to eventually get to as many tables as your brain can translate.

Anytimes you misclick or make a mistake, step down a few tables and then see if you make less mistakes, if you do then you slowly add one table till you make mistakes again, and you find a comfortable level. Then when you find you have time between your decisions again then you add a couple more tables and begin the process again.

I well over described that huh?

Ah well fuck it was in the mood for typing away. :D

Laters people and good luck at the tables,

Danny