• 4 replies
    • Dragar
      Dragar
      Bronze
      I would prefer a raise over a call.
    • thebigheizung85
      thebigheizung85
      Silver
      you have quite a lot of hands against this player and if we assume that he is raising the top 7% of his range you are a slight favourite (~52% equity)

i would raise in this spot, because his range includes pocket pairs from JJ to 88 and if he is such a knit he might give them up... also if we get 4bet we can safely fold against such a player as he is probably 4 betting only with the very top of his range, i would say....

the call arises the situation where you have to hit sth. to continue against such a player and then the action might probably dry out or worse he still has you beat (AA on a K-high board or flopping a set against your top pair...)
    • Jaissica
      Jaissica
      Bronze
      You can cold-call as you have position on the raiser, however SB is ORL 16% so "tight" here is pretty subjective. AKo is 2.5% so we are way, way in front here and should raise it up.

Now if we were BU and SB was UTG1 with the same situation, we could flat it (assuming MP2 folded instead of called... with MP2 in the hand a raise to squeeze becomes the better line). With the raiser being a 7 PFR 16 ORL positionally aware player id put their UTG1 range at AQs+ JJ+... close enough to 4%. Then youd consider flatting and trying to catch an A or K on the flop.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      He is not so tight, I think you can 3-bet there and fold to shove if you think that he´d only shove with KK/AA