Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $9.18
      Hero:
      $7.60

0.1/0.25 No-Limit Hold'em (7 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with A:spade: , J:spade:
      2 folds, Hero raises to $1.00, 2 folds, SB calls $0.90, BB folds.

Flop: ($2.25) 2:club: , T:club: , A:heart: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $2.00, SB calls $2.00.

Turn: ($6.25) 2:spade: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks.

River: ($6.25) 7:heart: (2 players)
      SB raises $6.18 (All-In), Hero calls $4.60 (All-In).

Final Pot: $17.03

I checked on the turn because this player was a real fish - calling with all sorts of rubbish - and I wanted to let him bluff into me. Of course he called my pf bet with Ace rag and then hit his rag on the river. Should I have just continued to bet on the turn. From WTS, he was never folding so the result wld be the same, but intersted in your thoughts?
      tim
  • 4 replies
    • dadude77
      dadude77
      Bronze
      Please don't post the results (that includes telling us what he had ;) next time :) )

I push on turn. No use in giving him free cards if he has flush draw, or broadway gutshot. Either of which I see being very possible with a vpip of 64.
    • ShinShya
      ShinShya
      Bronze
      Yea, with the flush draw out there I'd go ahead and get it in on the turn. Though I don't think there is anything wrong with trying to enduce a bluff/pot controling this turn if say... the 2 of clubs on the flop is a diamond instead.

What you would be doing (I know this isn't that big of a deal with SSS) but if that were the case, the flop was 2d Tc Ah, you continuation bet, he calls. The turn isn't scary but since it paired the board you may want to check behind in case you are behind in the hand. This way If you are not behind in the hand, since you showed weakness by checking, it may enduce a small bluff on the river. You win the most and lose the least this way.
    • Tim64
      Tim64
      Black
      Thanks - helpful thoughts, both :)

Tim
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Tim64
      because this player was a real fish - calling with all sorts of rubbish -
      This is why I am making a 2nd barrel ;)

Moreover you have to protect since a possible flushdraw is out whenever fish actually HAS something ;)

- Gerv