[NL20-NL50] QQ SB - A on flop

• 3 replies
    • thebigheizung85
      thebigheizung85
      Silver
      i don't like the play as you turn your hand into a bluff... i just saw a video from jonathan little where he discussed the same problem... in such a spot you don't want to discourage the worse hands from staying in the hand (they usually don't have to many outs against you; the flush draw is the only hand, but then he would need to have called with KQ of spades; which is bad preflop play)

the only fold equity you generate with your bet is MAYBE against smaller aces, but i don't see villain call preflop, hit and fold on the flop... so most likely you are ahead and just collect the pot

having said all that i see a normal cbet would set him all-in anyway so most what i wrote is bullshit now^^... but still, i think i would check and hope to induce a bluff... maybe a smaller pocket pair pushes here in which case we are in great shape...
    • Jaissica
      Jaissica
      Bronze
      I think id rather check-call here too. I dont think villain is folding any A, and the only hands we lose to (or chop with) but can scare out are KK/QQ. Might as well give the parts of the villains range we are in front of a chance to bluff at the pot if we decide we are putting the other $7.06 in here.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      shove is not the best
      I think I´d bet 3$ and call shove, this way he can shove with worse hands