This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] QQ SB - A on flop

• 3 replies
    • thebigheizung85
      thebigheizung85
      Bronze
      i don't like the play as you turn your hand into a bluff... i just saw a video from jonathan little where he discussed the same problem... in such a spot you don't want to discourage the worse hands from staying in the hand (they usually don't have to many outs against you; the flush draw is the only hand, but then he would need to have called with KQ of spades; which is bad preflop play)

the only fold equity you generate with your bet is MAYBE against smaller aces, but i don't see villain call preflop, hit and fold on the flop... so most likely you are ahead and just collect the pot

having said all that i see a normal cbet would set him all-in anyway so most what i wrote is bullshit now^^... but still, i think i would check and hope to induce a bluff... maybe a smaller pocket pair pushes here in which case we are in great shape...
    • Jaissica
      Jaissica
      Bronze
      I think id rather check-call here too. I dont think villain is folding any A, and the only hands we lose to (or chop with) but can scare out are KK/QQ. Might as well give the parts of the villains range we are in front of a chance to bluff at the pot if we decide we are putting the other $7.06 in here.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      shove is not the best
      I think I´d bet 3$ and call shove, this way he can shove with worse hands