[NL2-NL10] NL10 FR AKo

• 4bur
      4bur
      Bronze
      So this hand happens right after the I called an all-in bet with QQ. The Villain has a very little stack left, plus he is probably mad at me for catching four spades and winning with 10% equity vs his AA.

Villain, again, is a virtual unknown (8 hands, 60 VPIP, 40 PFR):

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Known players:
      UTG2:
      $1.50
      MP1(Hero):
      $17.95
      MP2:
      $10.40
      MP3:
      $3.85
      CO:
      $15.00
      BU:
      $6.50
      SB:
      $18.55
      BB:
      $9.90
      UTG1:
      $10.00

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with A, K.
      UTG1 folds, UTG2 calls $0.10, Hero raises to $0.4, 6 folds, UTG2 calls $0.30.

Flop: ($0.95) 7, 9, 4 (2 players)
      UTG2 checks, Hero bets $0.60, UTG2 raises to $1.1, Hero calls $0.50.

Turn: ($3.15) 3 (2 players)

River: ($3.15) A (2 players)

Final Pot: $3.15.

Question:
      Should I have called the check-raise? In general, what do you think is the behaviour of someone who just suffered a very improbable loss with a clearly better hand - do they go maniac, or tighten up?
  • 4 replies
    • maya1984
      maya1984
      Bronze
      I prefer putting him all in preflop as AK will hit only one out of three times and his stack is too low to make a profitable cbet.

Originally posted by 4bur
      Question:
      Should I have called the check-raise? In general, what do you think is the behavior of someone who just suffered a very improbable loss with a clearly better hand - do they go maniac, or tighten up?
      About your first question, You are getting the right odds to call.
      If he has a pair ,your two OC give you 6 outs. So your odds of making a TP are 3:1 against you.
      You have to call 0.5 to win 2.65 pot which gives you pots odds of 5.3:1.
      Since your pot odds are higher than the odds against you, it is profitable to you to make the call.

About your question, they almost always they go on tilt. :D
    • 4bur
      4bur
      Bronze
      And how would I put him all-in preflop here? Do you think I should have raised 2 bucks pre-flop? Not sure I can follow your logic here.

I really can't say I have 6 outs here - both A and K clubs give 3 to a flush draw. So there are only 4 clean outs, and that is if we rule out pocket 4s and pocket 7s, which is not a given.

In my opinion, this hinges upon the fact that the guy is on tilt - if that would not be the case, how would you play this?
    • maya1984
      maya1984
      Bronze
      Originally posted by 4bur
      And how would I put him all-in preflop here? Do you think I should have raised 2 bucks pre-flop? Not sure I can follow your logic here.
      You only have to bet 1.5$. The players behind you, will only call/raise you with a premium hands which is unlikey they have and even if they do find a premium hand only AA and KK got you crashed so you don't have to worry about raising there with AK.

Originally posted by 4burI really can't say I have 6 outs here - both A and K clubs give 3 to a flush draw. So there are only 4 clean outs, and that is if we rule out pocket 4s and pocket 7s, which is not a given.
      Even with 4 outs you almost getting the right odds (5:1) to call.
      Don't forget that since he is on tilt (and he doesn't looks like a thinking player) he can do this with two OC which you got crashed.

Originally posted by 4burIn my opinion, this hinges upon the fact that the guy is on tilt - if that would not be the case, how would you play this?
      If is not an SSS player I really don't think much here.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello,

maya1984 is wrong, you can't overraise preflop, just likely raise there to $0.50 and on postflop you can likely just shove directly, might give you more fold equity, as played I am Calling there, you are getting pretty good odds and also as you think that he might tilting, he could shove with worse.

Best regards,
      Rensu