Do the pro's hate Phil Hellmuth?

• SheepMoose
      SheepMoose
      Bronze
      Just been reading full tilts pro chat archive.

QUESTION FROM RMiner: you are early in tournament 5th round with AA and 5 in front of you have gone all in...your move?

ANSWER FROM Gus Hansen: If you think you are as good as Phil Hellmuth thinks he is you fold if not you call

QUESTION FROM Borg7: phil hellmuth said tom dwan is the best player under 30. comment!

ANSWER FROM Patrik Antonius: phil hellmuth is a joke

I'm sure there's more things out there, but still. What do you think? Personally I can't blame them.
  • 20 replies
    • Jackalof
      Jackalof
      Bronze
      No, they don't hate him. They say he's friendly and family guy like outside of poker world. AT the table yes, he's a bad loser, but there are tons like him, pros have to deal with it, not hate it :)
    • rhinoneil
      rhinoneil
      Silver
      I think the high stakes cash game players see him as easy money so they love him.
      A lot of what he says is designed to wind up opponents, get them tilting but I think most of the time it ends up with him tilting instead.
      He is a great tournament player, perfectly suited to big field events because he is basically a big stack bully. He knows how to outplay inexperienced players. He is a good reader, not great though.
      Im sure other players respect his achievements and probably find him a likeable guy off the tables, but at the tables I think they find him irritating.
    • roswellx
      roswellx
      Bronze
      I'm not a pro and don't like him lol... I'm sure pros like him.
    • viewer88
      viewer88
      Bronze
      A lot of his bullshit is pure image building / publicity inducing... or so I hope for him. I still suspect he's a jackass though. Notice the resemblance with paris hilton? :tongue: :s_o:
    • redskwerl
      redskwerl
      Black
      Originally posted by viewer88
      Notice the resemblance with paris hilton? :tongue: :s_o:
      they are practically twins imo
    • viewer88
      viewer88
      Bronze
      phill helmuth wearing a jersey which says "POKER DOUCHEBAG"

paris hilton flashing her hoo-haa (VAGINA) in public
    • DecMate
      DecMate
      Bronze
      Phill hellmuth is a loveable brat, and never fails to make me laugh when he blows up :f_biggrin:
    • Jonaton
      Jonaton
      Bronze
      Whether they like him or not until one of them has 12 bracelets they need to STFU. Sure he's a goof and obnoxious and loves himself but he has more bracelets and more cashes than anyone else, that as a player has to be worth something.
    • roswellx
      roswellx
      Bronze
      There is one guy who I don't like more than Phil Helmuth. his name is Tony G. Watch this video:

I would crash him there no matter I'm in front of cameras or winning the hand :D
    • viewer88
      viewer88
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Jonaton
      Whether they like him or not until one of them has 12 bracelets they need to STFU. Sure he's a goof and obnoxious and loves himself but he has more bracelets and more cashes than anyone else, that as a player has to be worth something.
      your logic is flawed :s_o:
    • Jonaton
      Jonaton
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Jonaton
      your logic is flawed :s_o:
      And you figure this how?
    • viewer88
      viewer88
      Bronze
      because I'm a computer and yelled out "error! does not compute!" when I read it.
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Gold
      Originally posted by roswellx
      There is one guy who I don't like more than Phil Helmuth. his name is Tony G. Watch this video:

I would crash him there no matter I'm in front of cameras or winning the hand :D
      he is like Cartman from south park :)
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      Originally posted by SPeedFANat1c
      Originally posted by roswellx

he is like Cartman from south park :)
      cartman is cool, this guy is just retarded
    • mishkagg
      mishkagg
      Bronze
      Oh, boy, this Perry guy has some self-control. I'd bash that Tony's face with a chair in such a situation for sure.
    • SheepMoose
      SheepMoose
      Bronze
      because I'm a computer and yelled out "error! does not compute!" when I read it.
      Did you send microsoft an error report?
    • nafar84
      nafar84
      Bronze
      Tony G got him to call off the rest of his stack with KJo... that's a brilliant play in my book. He could have done without all that talk AFTER he won the hand, but that could just be some standard Lithuanian-Russian banter that we don't fully understand, especially since Perry seemed to take it so well (I wouldn't be surprised if they went out for some drinks afterwards :D ).

My point is, context is important. And with youtube vids it's very easy to put things out of context and make someone seem like Satan. But the truth is we don't know the background & history between these 2 players and who knows they could even be best friends.
    • gape0000
      gape0000
      Bronze
      For guys that dont like TonyG here's a little payback :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOHPyYnJKFs
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      Tony G actually is a very nice and smart guy.