$5.72
      Hero:
      $10.00
      MP2:
      $14.79
      CO:
      $5.20

0.05/0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with T:diamond: , 3:heart:
      2 folds, MP2 calls $0.10, MP3 folds, CO calls $0.10, BU folds, SB calls $0.05, Hero checks.

Flop: ($0.40) 3:diamond: , A:club: , T:club: (4 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.40, MP2 folds, CO raises to $1.00, SB folds, Hero raises to $3.00, CO raises to $5.10 (All-In), Hero calls $2.10.

Turn: ($10.60) Q:club:
      River: ($10.60) K:diamond: (1 players)

Final Pot: $10.60

- I get a free look at the flop and catch two pair.

- The board is fairly wet. I don't want to let anyone see a free card because a club or any high card (giving better two pair/straights) will ruin my hand.

- I bet out and am re-raised. I figure he might do this with most strong aces, which I am still ahead of.

- I decide to protect large and triple his bet (should I just move all in instead?) when he moves in I have brilliant pot odds so I have to call.

- Should I ever take a more conservative approach with bottom two pair or is this always going to be a raise/push scenario?

- I wondered whether the $3.00 bet only isolates me against better hands. But if I just call the $1.00 raise and a scare card comes I will have a tough decision to make.
  • 1 reply
    • Fongie
      Fongie
      Bronze
      Your play here is fine, shoving is a bit too high so $3 is good. Also, with this guys stats I can expect him to have many worse hands here often - all sorts of aces for exmaple. Nice hand