Multitabling setup

• clydefrog77
      clydefrog77
      Bronze
      Hi,

I have been shortstacking with some success now for a few weeks, I am playing on a 15" widescreen laptop and I find I can handle 8 tables arranged as 4 tables (1 top left, 1 top right, 1 bottom left, 1 bottom right) and 1 more table laid on top of each of those.

When I try to up this to 12 tables I find tables sometimes don't pop up when they should and get burried and I sit out. Also it's difficult to make notes on players when tables are popping up one over another all the time.

What setups do you guys use when you are multitabling on a single screen?

I am considering buying a 2nd monitor so I can tile my tables. If I could arrange 4 tables on my laptop and a further 9 on an exernal monitor that would be perfect. What size/spec monitor would allow me to arrange 9 fulltilt tables with minimal or no overlap?

Thanks
  • 13 replies
    • Fongie
      Fongie
      Bronze
      Which poker client do you play on?
    • clydefrog77
      clydefrog77
      Bronze
      I'm playing on fulltilt at the moment.
    • chuongdk
      chuongdk
      Bronze
      I play multi-table at my laptop 13" :( so I open max size to all windows. I play about 8 tables at full tilt and iPoker (at iPoker I tried at 16 tables and no big problem)
    • LuborC
      LuborC
      Bronze
      I tile 16 tables on 15" screen. Some people cascade their tables but I don't like this setup very much because you cannot really follow the action and then there is the problem of sitting out and not knowing about it ...
    • clydefrog77
      clydefrog77
      Bronze
      chuongdk:

I have huge difficulties stacking tables at ipoker, the tables sometimes don't pop up correctly for me for some reason. Are you using any AHK scripts for ipoker or fulltilt?

LuborC:

I prefer tiling tables myself, because I like to see what gets showndown and like to be able to take notes on players etc and also you can see if you're sat out on a table too. But 16 tables tiled on a 15", I dunno how you do it, I'd go blind!
    • deVall3y
      deVall3y
      Bronze
      to 9 table I had 3x3 setup, only about quarter of each table showing at a time

12 table I arrange them in two lines of 3 each, and another layer like this under them but not exactly under, so there is a tiny bit of window peeking out
      I wrote a script that alternates between one layer to another by clicking all the tables of one layer
    • kingdippy2008
      kingdippy2008
      Bronze
      i 20 tables SSS yesterday on a 15.4" its not hard.

I had a mess of tables though on one side, then when i played a hand on one i moved it to the other side where the was space. I kept the ones i had doubled up on on at the top of the side i had space ;)

But i had the tables the smallest possible :/
    • xponentx
      xponentx
      Bronze
      I play 20+ tables cascaded at Stars. I use a program called TableNinja (like AHK Betpot but better, unfortunately only for Stars), which makes it all much easier. Once you get the hang of cascading, it's surprisingly easy. You don't get the time to do everythingyou would like to do, but that's the price you pay for increased volume.

A handy little trick I picked up from xarry, use right-click on the top right hand corner of each window to easily switch to a specific table, or use a program like tableninja that lets to do all sorts of things with hotkeys. I don't think I could do many tables on iPoker though, as it doesn't have a time bank.
    • dadude77
      dadude77
      Bronze
      Ipoker max tables is 15 I believe. I used to play 15 stacked on 13" laptop no problem, for SSS.

Now I'm on stars 24 tabling SSS. Stackings really the way to go!!
    • andyb43
      andyb43
      Bronze
      I take my hat off to you guys........I need all my tables fully visable at all times!which limits me to 4 on iPOker
    • chuongdk
      chuongdk
      Bronze
      Originally posted by clydefrog77
      chuongdk:

I have huge difficulties stacking tables at ipoker, the tables sometimes don't pop up correctly for me for some reason. Are you using any AHK scripts for ipoker or fulltilt?
      yes, sometimes it su.ck and I realize that maybe because I forget check pop up screen. When you join waiting list, and a window pop up to notice that you have 90 second to join, then you should click YES not NO to close that window, or tables don't pop up correctly
      And I dont use any AHK, as I always put table at max size or at top left corner, fold/check/raise button are always same position and I prefer using mouse
    • kennyxx
      kennyxx
      Bronze
      Originally posted by andyb43
      I take my hat off to you guys........I need all my tables fully visable at all times!which limits me to 4 on iPOker
      I have to see everything (allmost) as well. But it's 6 tables for me on iPoker with full size tables.

Since I'm shortstacking only on Fulltilt right now, I can see 16 tables without overlap there (24'' LCD). So my setup is up to 4x4 tables. Personally I prefer 3x3 only.
    • clydefrog77
      clydefrog77
      Bronze
      I'm after upping my tables to 12 now on fulltilt, 3 layers of 4 tables, but I still find it a bit difficult as I like to see what villans show down against me and I like to make lots of notes etc.

I notice a lot of you are multi-tabling on stars...are you not giving up a huge amount in rakeback playing at stars?

kennyxx: you can get 16 fulltilt tables at fulltilt without overlap on a 24" LCD? What resolution is the monitor? Are the tables a decent size?