Need some general advice

• LgWz
      Hi all, I'm facing a weird scenario regarding SnG's.

I started grinding $6.50s turbos on Stars in May after being inactive for a couple months. I was doing very nice until my bankroll reached a level where I could play $16s comfortably. So i moved up, but ran quite badly and decided to move down to recover. No big deal, shit happens. Problem is, since then, I'm achieving VERY poor results (see graph below). My theory is that I entered a downswing and, without really noticing at the time, I changed my standard profitable push/fold strategy for a unprofitable one. Now it seems I just can't get it right anymore, no matter what I do, and that feels quite weird since the level of play in $6.50s is just terrible. Has this ever happened to anyone else here?

Now speaking of ICM, how do you usually practice it? I'm at the moment using ICM Trainer mostly, then in the games I push a bit tighter and also call tighter than equilibrium vs unknowns (and calling a bit looser vs regulars). Then I pick some hands to analyse on SNG Wizard, giving opponent's custom ranges of course. Any tip regarding ICM practice? Am I doing it fine?

Here's my graph for May... $6.50s all the way from start to game 7xx, then I moved down to $3.40s until my confidence is back up:

• 4 replies
    • cannell555
      Hi LgWz,

IMO carry on doing what your doing, but make sure to watch vids and read the articles, just to refresh your brain.

With good consistant play you will pull through it ;)

It's important not to change your game "A" game when your loosing, just stick with it.

• viewer88
      your graph doesn't look TOO dramatical.. you had some sort of 200-game downswing. It's fairly common, although it sucks balls.

You can't really attach big conclusions to this small samplesize anyway... gl with it :)
    • deVall3y
      when ever in doubt, sit n go wizard gives you your confidence back, or at least helps you fix your leaks
    • Computerized
      I'm going through the same thing right now. Been on a downswing for the past 200 games or so; my BR has gone from $200 to $40. Back to grinding $2s, ugh.