[NL2-NL10] when I'm facing set?

• pokerluzer27
      pokerluzer27
      Bronze
      0,05/0,1 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by http://www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is UTG1 with A :heart: , Q :heart: (Comment)
      Hero raises to $0,30, 2 folds, MP2 raises to $0,60, 5 folds, Hero calls $0,30.

Flop: ($1,35) 4 :diamond: , 2 :club: , 5 :heart: (2 players) (Comment)
      Hero checks, MP2 bets $1,29, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $2,64

should I call here? If so, why I cannot expect set ? due to the big call? set would checked at flop?
  • 8 replies
    • SheepMoose
      SheepMoose
      Bronze
      Fold pre-flop against a re-raise. I don't expect him to have a set here. He either has AK or JJ's+. A low pair would usually cold call a raise and play in position.
    • jupiterthegreat999
      jupiterthegreat999
      Bronze
      I probably would second that. Also you are out of position, so you can't check behind to take a free card or try to steal if your opponent checks to you.
    • kingdippy2008
      kingdippy2008
      Bronze
      Originally posted by SheepMoose
      Fold pre-flop against a re-raise. I don't expect him to have a set here. He either has AK or JJ's+. A low pair would usually cold call a raise and play in position.
      It is a min-reraise, its often quite hard to fold to them.

Also raise to 4bb preflop.

On flop i would fold as well.

-Jack
    • SheepMoose
      SheepMoose
      Bronze
      Originally posted by kingdippy2008

-Jack
      Min-reraises can mean everything. It is hard to fold to them but you can get into some tough spots if you don't.
    • kingdippy2008
      kingdippy2008
      Bronze
      Originally posted by kingdippy2008

-Jack
      Min-reraises can mean everything. It is hard to fold to them but you can get into some tough spots if you don't.
      Yes he could have nutz, but we get 3-1 to call :)
    • silent21
      silent21
      Global
      raise pf 4bb, if he minraise you and you are not sure in yourself playing OOP you can fold but i would call his minraise. as played its hard to play vs him being OOP because even if we call his cbet on the turn we will be faced with a hard decision so c/f on this board is ok.
    • pokerluzer27
      pokerluzer27
      Bronze
      Thanks for the comments. I have lot to learn :f_p:
    • maya1984
      maya1984
      Bronze
      Please raise it up x4BB pf.

Preflop: Stats might help us in out decision. If he is playing tight you can fold, but I don't mind calling here. (just remember you will play OOP and if you want comfortable with that you can fold)

Flop: Does a set bet here? It's really opponent dependent. Some guys might slowplay a set here, some guys will bet (I personally would cause I usaully cbet when I'm the aggressor.)

BUT, I don't think he has a set here cause he wouldn't 3bet preflop with 22/44/55. He probably has an OP here and Check/Fold is our line on this flop (which makes your decision the correct one :) )

Good Luck,
      Maya