About checks! ($$)

• 7 replies
    • TheBu11d0g
      TheBu11d0g
      Bronze
      Hello DecMate,

As far as im aware there shouldn't be any problems with paying a US drawn cheque into your UK bank account.

Please be aware though that they may well charge you a fee for doing it and it may take longer than usual for it to clear.

My advice would be to contact your bank first and seek their advice.

Kind Regards,
      -Steve
    • rhinoneil
      rhinoneil
      Gold
      I have paid a US cheque into UK account twice.
      First one took about 10 days to clear, 2nd nearly a month so I guess it depends who you bank with and what US bank the cheque is drawn on.
      There will also almost certainly be some sort of charge.
    • DecMate
      DecMate
      Silver
      oh and would somone be kind enough to explain exactally what moneybookers is and does? thank you guys :)
    • TheBu11d0g
      TheBu11d0g
      Bronze
      Hello DecMate,

MoneyBookers is like an online e-wallet where you can upload funds from your bank account or debit/credit card and then use those funds in your MoneyBooker account to deposit moneys into your poker account(s) and you can also withdraw from your poker account(s) back into MoneyBookers as well.

Kind Regards,
      -Steve
    • SheepMoose
      SheepMoose
      Bronze
      Originally posted by TheBu11d0g
      Hello DecMate,

MoneyBookers is like an online e-wallet where you can upload funds from your bank account or debit/credit card and then use those funds in your MoneyBooker account to deposit moneys into your poker account(s) and you can also withdraw from your poker account(s) back into MoneyBookers as well.

Kind Regards,
      -Steve
      It's just like paypal but with cheaper fees.
    • DecMate
      DecMate
      Silver
      so could i transfer money from the poker site to money bookers then though money bookers to my bank account? thanks
    • TheBu11d0g
      TheBu11d0g
      Bronze
      Hello DecMate,

Yes you can do that mate.

Kind Regards,
      -Steve