[NL20-NL50] JTo NL25 FR LAG

• ShaQQ
      Villain is a reg multi tabler

[B]Known players:

0.1/0.25 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with T:club: , J:heart:
      3 folds, MP3 calls $0.25, CO folds, Hero raises to $1.25, SB folds, BB calls $1.00, MP3 folds.

Flop: ($2.85) 8:heart: , 9:diamond: , K:diamond: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $2.00, BB calls $2.00.

Turn: ($6.85) 8:diamond: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $4.75, BB calls $4.75.

River: ($16.35) 4:club: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: $16.35

Playing LAG is some what new to me, but I thoroughly enjoyed the session I played using that style, an isolation raise picks up someone I didn't want in the pot, my question is as following: Would a river shove have been the right play? He's not got the flush 99% of the time and getting him off even aces would be possible in that situation. I was so so close to bluff shove the river, and I really feel it would have pushed him off the pot. I'm rarely in these situations and I felt that I wanted to change my game just for that session, It's strange considering a river shove without the goods, playing TAG for so long. Looking forward to your thoughts, regards. Paul.
  • 6 replies
    • rhinoneil
      I dont see what hand he could have that he calls on a paired flushing turn that he check folds on river.
      My guess is whatever you put in on the river, you aint getting it back.
    • ShaQQ
      To me this individual played his hand face up, check call, check call and check river. A river shove he literally cannot call, in hindsight more often than not he has K, of which he'd fold to a river shove. I'm sure NL25 isn't really the right stake to make such plays, hence the check. Granted it is possible he does not play with stats and have me down as a decent player, so tp might look to be the nuts against an unknown. For a short period of time I had him down as a player able to fold TP, but then thought against the bluff.
    • caltabiano
      I advise you not to make bluffs unless you have a very good read. You'll see calls that make no sense at all on the lower limits
    • Michailewic
      I would not try to bluff him on the river.

However, you should have checked behind on the turn for free cards.
    • ShaQQ
      Totally agreed, I very rarely even consider such a play, but I had the read that he'd fold, but didn't go through with it. He had exactly the hand I put him on, KA with Ad, he seemed a smart enough player to fold it, well if I was in his shoes facing a shove I'd fold, but I agree that making such plays at these limits isn't +EV but I just had the read and didn't go through with it. Although checking on the turn definately was the play I'd of usually done. But I set myself up for the play on the river, to get him off any KA KQ KJ etc, and bottled it :D . Probably for the better. I just had an urge to open up my game, granted it's something on NL25 I must refrain from doing :) thanks for your comments. All the best, Paul.
    • Kaitz20
      Rievr shove is very thin, he is likely holding there Kx with high card of club, either Kj or Kq and unless you have some history that he can fold there top pair, I think shove is bad
      Turn barrel is fine