This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL25 FR - A,Qo - heavy action

• Tim64
      Tim64
      Black
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      BB:
      $7.84
      UTG1:
      $4.45
      Hero:
      $7.32
      BU:
      $19.01

0.1/0.25 No-Limit Hold'em (10 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with A:diamond: , Q:heart:
      UTG folds, UTG1 calls $0.25, 2 folds, Hero raises to $1.00, 2 folds, BU calls $1.00, SB folds, BB raises to $7.84 (All-In), UTG1 calls $4.20 (All-In), Hero calls $6.32 (All-In), BU calls $6.84.

Flop: ($27.55) T:heart: , 6:diamond: , 9:diamond:
      Turn: ($27.55) 5:diamond:
      River: ($27.55) K:spade: (4 players)

Final Pot: $27.55

Well clearly I have to assume, after the 3bet and call allin, that I am behind. So I'm wondering whether it's nevertheless ok to call because of the odds I'm getting, of if I should lay this one down?

TIA,
      Tim
  • 3 replies
    • dandycal
      dandycal
      Bronze
      Hi Tim,

You should fold here imo. You have an increased stack and basic strategy says:
      "If you've already entered the hand and an opponent raises behind you, you go all-in with TT, JJ, QQ, KK, AA, and AK. Fold any other hand."

With AQ I sometimes follow the stack ration rule: pushing when your remaining stack=4x or less the amount of your first raise. And even so this would mean fold in this situation.
    • Gafny
      Gafny
      Bronze
      Originally posted by dandycal
      Hi Tim,

"If you've already entered the hand and an opponent raises behind you, you go all-in with TT, JJ, QQ, KK, AA, and AK. Fold any other hand."

With AQ I sometimes follow the stack ration rule: pushing when your remaining stack=4x or less the amount of your first raise. And even so this would mean fold in this situation.
      This. No need to enter AQ from MP2 with an increased stack. However I would have done it from late position.
      Easy fold as you're beat most of the times vs 2 opponents. Also watch out for UTG limp/raisers like in this case, they tend to hold monsters
    • ysessa
      ysessa
      Basic
      Originally posted by gredal
      Originally posted by dandycal
      Hi Tim,

This. No need to enter AQ from MP2 with an increased stack. However I would have done it from late position.
      Easy fold as you're beat most of the times vs 2 opponents. Also watch out for UTG limp/raisers like in this case, they tend to hold monsters
      #