$7.84
      UTG1:
      $4.45
      Hero:
      $7.32
      BU:
      $19.01

0.1/0.25 No-Limit Hold'em (10 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with A:diamond: , Q:heart:
      UTG folds, UTG1 calls $0.25, 2 folds, Hero raises to $1.00, 2 folds, BU calls $1.00, SB folds, BB raises to $7.84 (All-In), UTG1 calls $4.20 (All-In), Hero calls $6.32 (All-In), BU calls $6.84.

Flop: ($27.55) T:heart: , 6:diamond: , 9:diamond:
      Turn: ($27.55) 5:diamond:
      River: ($27.55) K:spade: (4 players)

Final Pot: $27.55

Well clearly I have to assume, after the 3bet and call allin, that I am behind. So I'm wondering whether it's nevertheless ok to call because of the odds I'm getting, of if I should lay this one down?

TIA,
      Tim
  • 3 replies
    • dandycal
      dandycal
      Bronze
      Hi Tim,

You should fold here imo. You have an increased stack and basic strategy says:
      "If you've already entered the hand and an opponent raises behind you, you go all-in with TT, JJ, QQ, KK, AA, and AK. Fold any other hand."

With AQ I sometimes follow the stack ration rule: pushing when your remaining stack=4x or less the amount of your first raise. And even so this would mean fold in this situation.
    • Gafny
      Gafny
      Bronze
      Originally posted by dandycal
      Hi Tim,

"If you've already entered the hand and an opponent raises behind you, you go all-in with TT, JJ, QQ, KK, AA, and AK. Fold any other hand."

With AQ I sometimes follow the stack ration rule: pushing when your remaining stack=4x or less the amount of your first raise. And even so this would mean fold in this situation.
      This. No need to enter AQ from MP2 with an increased stack. However I would have done it from late position.
      Easy fold as you're beat most of the times vs 2 opponents. Also watch out for UTG limp/raisers like in this case, they tend to hold monsters
    • ysessa
      ysessa
      Basic
      Originally posted by gredal
      Originally posted by dandycal
      Hi Tim,

This. No need to enter AQ from MP2 with an increased stack. However I would have done it from late position.
      Easy fold as you're beat most of the times vs 2 opponents. Also watch out for UTG limp/raisers like in this case, they tend to hold monsters
      #