BIG success (Remember my "doubled the BR"? you should see now)

• DecMate
      DecMate
      Bronze
      ok i posted about a week or 2 ago about me doubling the BR from $50 to $100.

I stuck to BRM and managed to double it again to $200.
      I then gave SnG's ago. I started at $10's and i kept winning, so i moved up and up. The biggest SnG i have played is a 6 handed $55 Buyin. (i know, i shoulden't have but wanted one shot at it ( i came 2nd))

Due to my big success im on $484!
      What limits would you guys recommend i play now? THANKYOU!
  • 25 replies
    • darkonebg
      darkonebg
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      [ ]Sticking to BRM
      [x]Busto in a week or two
    • DecMate
      DecMate
      Bronze
      thanks for the optimistic approch! :)
    • JayGGX
      JayGGX
      Silver
      bankroll management??

started playing $10 @ $200 bankroll??

WTF?
    • alejandrosh
      alejandrosh
      Bronze
      I then gave SnG's ago. I started at $10's and i kept winning, so i moved up and up. The biggest SnG i have played is a 6 handed $55 Buyin. (i know, i shoulden't have but wanted one shot at it ( i came 2nd))

:f_mad: read the articles, and hit a downswing, seriusly you need a downswing to never do stuff like this again.
    • DecMate
      DecMate
      Bronze
      i gave one SnG of $10 ago at first and won, i was therefore playing on the winnings from the SnG and if i dropped below $200 i would have defo moved down. But i won every time. So i don't think it was that bad.
    • Gafny
      Gafny
      Bronze
      Originally posted by alejandrosh

:f_mad: read the articles, and hit a downswing, seriusly you need a downswing to never do stuff like this again.
      and first time hurts =D
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Seriously DecMate, listen to your fellow community members, they're talking a lot of sense and we've all seen so many threads like this many times before and they almost always end in tears.

Taking risks may earn a few short term $, but gamblers never win, the odds are always stacked against you. Variance can appear at any time and bite you on the bum :P

Earn real respect by taking the time to learn the game inside & out and by fine-tuning your own (at the lower levels), you will thank us all in the longer term.

Having said this, we all of course wish the very best of luck and continued success.

Bart
    • zivkoleo
      zivkoleo
      Bronze
      DecMate why are you still bronze? You say you play $10 SnG and you are bronze...
    • DecMate
      DecMate
      Bronze
      because i'm not playing on a PS linked site, and the only sites im linked to suck. (Mansion).
      I can't link to fulltilt / pokerstars because i had them before.
      I'm never going to become a silver :(
    • kingdippy2008
      kingdippy2008
      Bronze
      Originally posted by zivkoleo
      DecMate why are you still bronze? You say you play $10 SnG and you are bronze...
      lol
    • ihufa
      ihufa
      Gold
      I have started a few of these threads myself Decmat, going from 50 to 2k, 4k, 0k, and it all ended in 0,00$ :D

Except for the last time where i actually started using BRM

The s&g's u should play with a 500$ roll are 11$ and when at 600$ or more u can take shots at 22$.

Have fun gambling or grinding whichever ur capable of :)
    • DecMate
      DecMate
      Bronze
      i've taken the advice and currently grinding $10+1's :D wish me luck
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Originally posted by DecMate
      i've taken the advice and currently grinding $10+1's :D wish me luck
      Of course, you got it. Let us know how you get on :)

Re PokerStrategy Status, sorry to hear your not linked, but other poker platforms are coming online all the time, so you could always invest/transfer to a new linked platform sometime. Just click on the PokerRooms tab, although probably best to try a few on your current platform first.

Bart
    • DecMate
      DecMate
      Bronze
      hey again :D

i managed to build my bankroll to 600$! but it's me & girlfriends 1 year anniversary so i have widthdrawn 150$ (£100 about) seen as i am college and don't have a job, just to get her a little somthing :f_biggrin:

But overall i have been grinding lots of HU $5 and feel like i've improved a little but still need lots of work. i think my strongest point is SnG's overall but do need to work on HU! But wish me luck :D and yeah i think once i build my BR to 1K+ i'll trans it to a site so i get PS points which i really need!
      :f_love:
    • ihufa
      ihufa
      Gold
      we never doubted you
    • DecMate
      DecMate
      Bronze
      Hahahah :D i know ;p just hope i can keep it up!
    • excelgeo
      excelgeo
      Silver
      maybe we have a tom dwan in our hands
    • tigerace999
      tigerace999
      Bronze
      hard to believe this guy i've been grinding sngs for three months .break even all the time maybe he's a luck box who knows .good luck though if your for real.
    • SheepMoose
      SheepMoose
      Bronze
      You have close to $500. Stick to BSS NL.5/.10